What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    Very cool placement of the push start! Look'n good Keith!
    The only thing I don't like is I need to figure how to activate the button light only when the key is in the On or Run position. Right now it is on all the time due to the ground. I can unground it and the button will still work it just won't light up.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Looks good. Pm EW for the wiring info. I think...
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• We took the Cobra on a 15 mile trip. Initial impression is HOLY SHIT!!!.

Tons of power
        Coolant temp went to 185* and stayed there until we got stuck by the train. Still never went above 195*.
        Acceleration in 6th gear (.50:1) at 60mph is very smooth
        My wife likes the w/g sound.
        Exhaust is too low in the center but there is not much room to move it up anymore.
        Needs to have the front end setup.
        Nitto NT05r tires still break loose from 40 plus.
        Even though coolant and under hood temps are good, the DP and merge get hot as fuck. DP at Turbo read 700* with the engine off.
        Initial start tune can use some work.
        Idles great once started.

We will load some videos later tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Sounds...

Fun!

Comment

• Jealous, and not just because you're is nicer in every way and makes way more power, but because it's running, mine still isn't, and I'm stuck doing yard work expecting inlaws tomorrow.

The pimp hand does not exist...
            86 SVO - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              Jealous, and not just because you're is nicer in every way and makes way more power, but because it's running, mine still isn't, and I'm stuck doing yard work expecting inlaws tomorrow.

The pimp hand does not exist...
              Don't fell bad mine isn't running either. And i also spent all day working in the yard instead of on the car. As a matter of fact, the little work i did w/ Keith on his car is more than i've done with the Galaxie in 3 months. I'm just burnt out right now with mine.
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                We took the Cobra on a 15 mile trip. Initial impression is HOLY SHIT!!!.

Tons of power
                Coolant temp went to 185* and stayed there until we got stuck by the train. Still never went above 195*.
                Acceleration in 6th gear (.50:1) at 60mph is very smooth
                My wife likes the w/g sound.
                Exhaust is too low in the center but there is not much room to move it up anymore.
                Needs to have the front end setup.
                Nitto NT05r tires still break loose from 40 plus.
                Even though coolant and under hood temps are good, the DP and merge get hot as fuck. DP at Turbo read 700* with the engine off.
                Initial start tune can use some work.

We will load some videos later tonight.

AWESOME! This is the update I've been waiting for. Congrats buddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                  Don't fell bad mine isn't running either. And i also spent all day working in the yard instead of on the car. As a matter of fact, the little work i did w/ Keith on his car is more than i've done with the Galaxie in 3 months. I'm just burnt out right now with mine.
                  Same here. I bought a short block to save time and money, only to find out the rod "upgrade" was no upgrade. I had to take it apart, measure everything, order some killer rods, and then I tore up the f'ing spiro locks, so I had to order those....two steps forward, I step back. I still have your sticker, and need to swing by and deliver it, and check out to Galaxie. I have inlaws due in less than 24 hours, so a beer or 12 does sound really good right now.

I honestly could have mine back together in a few weekends. I'm stuck on the color change under the hood as well. It's aways something...
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                    AWESOME! This is the update I've been waiting for. Congrats buddy!
                    Thanks.

We are out in it again right now.

Comment

• I have a spare diff cover if you need one.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I just got back from driving another 15 miles for a total of 30 today on the new setup. Man I can get used to this. A little loud but I can work on that.

David, hope your neighbor's didn't mind that short little blast.

I did discover that when I turn the headlights on, the UEGO moves lean by 1.0+/-. Not cool man, not cool. I think the 12v source for the gauge needs to come from a relay and direct battery connection now.

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                        I have a spare diff cover if you need one.
                        I may take you up on it. I have clearance between the diff cover and the panhard bar body mount but not much.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          I wouldn't expect it to idle well when it's not running

Congrats on getting the car back together, nice ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                            I wouldn't expect it to idle well when it's not running

Congrats on getting the car back together, nice ride!
                            ....how about as in, I wished it started easier more consistently.

I will get a better video up tomorrow.

Comment

• No worries on the fly by. Like I said, my neighbors are used to the drag strip we call Ray White.

I love the way the car sounds man. I would hate to change it, but that's just me.

David

Comment

• We have close to a 100 miles on it now and it drives like a dream. Everyone that has ridden in it so far (wife, brother, nephew, stepdad) all agree it runs great and is very streetable. The MM suspension, Bilstiens and spring rate make the car ride stiff but suprisingly smooth, even with the 315's in the back and 275's up front.

Coolant temps are still suprising me. We got her out on the highway today for the first time and the temps dropped down to 170's. Unbelieveble for a turbo car. Even in stop in go in town driving the temps stay in the 180's. Now I feel safe putting an A/C condensor in there.

Fuel mileage is somewhere around 7-10 city/highway. Ugh, but expected with the E85.

I am still learning the AEM and getting used to the different inputs. The A/F runs lean (15:1-17.9:1) when I am cruising....no load. Let off the gas or accelerate (increase load) it drops back down to 12.5:1-13.5:1. I just don't feel safe seeing the 17's on the gauge.

There are a few light rattles up front that I need to hunt down but they sound very minor.

Overall we are very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X