What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Are you going to make it out to the cruise?
    I have to work that night, so not going to make it.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      I have to work that night, so not going to make it.

Well, that just sucks!

Comment

• needs more air filter

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          needs more air filter
          Should I run a T or something

Bigger the better right?

Comment

• I relocatd the catch can/breathers to the back. Hopefully this will cure the oil vapor odor in the car. I am sure the Ethonal is not helping either but a little juice in the tank will help with that.

Breathers almost can't see them when the car is on the ground.

I put them on a plate that is setting on studs so it can be pulled easy enough if I need to.

This was hard to figure out. I had to make a few goes at it to get it right.

Comment

• I am working feverishly at getting the A/C build, charged, tested all before the Power Tour on Thursday.
              I got all my lines routed and mocked up ready to get crimped and some aluminum lines still need welding. Bad news is the lines won't be done until Monday. UGH

Comment

• Look'n good Keith! Hey, I meant to ask you, where did you get the exploded view of the guns on your work bench?
                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  Look'n good Keith! Hey, I meant to ask you, where did you get the exploded view of the guns on your work bench?
                  Those are soft mats from a guy at the gun show. Get your wallet out. He is proud of them.

Thanks for the comment on the car. Now if only my A/C lines would have been done today I could have had it back together tomorrow afternoon, and driving with cold A/C on Monday.

Power Tour is just a few days away and I have to work everyone of them.

Comment

• Half my AC lines were finished on Friday and I had an opportunity to get the install near completed. All I lack is the liquid line from evap to condenser and the line from compressor to condenser. Should be done and I just need to pick them up tomorrow.

I relocated the breathers and the evac pump to the rear of the car since I had so much room on the sides of the fuel tank. Mounted to a plate which is on studs to make pulling it off in one piece a simpler task.

Yes I need to peel the plastic protective sheet off the aluminum plate still.

Notice the roll over fuel vent too. It comes out of the tank and goes all the way up to the body over the axle to get height out of it before bringing it back down. Now the test will be when I fill up, fuel doesn't come out the vent.

I used a clear nylon 3/4" ID tubing from Home Depot to span the distance from the firewall to the breathers in the back of the car. This will also let me see if oil vapors are turning back to liquid in the line and keeping the system from breathing.

Jesse James is not the only guy that can bend metal without a brake, I can too. :rofl: My results just aren't as nice. I made a little plate to mount the FPR.

Comment

• I also got the oil cooler braced better and all the hoses and wires in that area locked down solid.

Cooler finished.

If you could see under the fender in there you would see the 2 stainless power steering lines and the 2 oil cooler lines all wrapped in Thermo-Tech heat barrier. THEN, zip tied, zip tied and more zip ties into a nice little bundle which includes the battery cable and a few other harnesses. I was fortunate enough to have the car apart and find a torn up harness that the tire got a hold of. Simple fix, but eye opening. Needed more zip ties.
                      Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-05-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• As I left it today; all that needs to be done is oil, coolant, start up test for oil leaks, install bumper, install inner fenders, install 2 AC lines, then charge the system. DONE

Hopefully in time for our leg of the Hot Rod Power Tour on Thursday.

Comment

• looks good.. I hope you do get it done in time... I have a couple little things I want to change up on my car this week but none of them are things that will keep me from going Thursday morning.
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Turbo car can now boast AC and Power Steering

What you see

To the evaporator

Driver side and compressor

Other angles

Liquid line with orfice tube running to condenser.

Finished product

Comment

• .....and after all that damn work, that red wire is still there. Ugh, maybe tonight.

Comment

• I started the car up today and after all the changes I made to the Power Steering lines and cooler, oil filter lines and cooler, and the valve cover breathers = no leaks.

Without any air flowing over the oil cooler, I am seeing 10* difference between inlet/outlet. Water temp was 180* and oil temp was 140* returning to block though. 7qrt pan took 8qrts after the oil filter relocation lines and cooler.

Tonight/tomorrow all I need to do is put the bumper cover back on, swap the wheels/tires for the more cruise friendly set, and charge the AC and we are back in business.

Comment

Working...
                                X