What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Some people may get pissed at this but Yes, I cut up a perfectly good airbag.
    OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so pissed!

Not really. Big whoop. You'll have to write a service/repair manual for the next owner to use. Nobody will have any idea how to work on that thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by EW View Post
      OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so pissed!

Not really. Big whoop. You'll have to write a service/repair manual for the next owner to use. Nobody will have any idea how to work on that thing.

Hell, I have GB of pics, powerpoint, excel etc. I also have a binder of notes for wiring etc. On the other hand, I doubt there will ever be a "next owner". I could never get close to getting the smallest fraction of what I have in the car. More than likely the project would be broke down and used in another body.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• But its not even done yet and you are talking about breaking it down for the next build already?

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Hell, I have GB of pics, powerpoint, excel etc. I also have a binder of notes for wiring etc. On the other hand, I doubt there will ever be a "next owner". I could never get close to getting the smallest fraction of what I have in the car. More than likely the project would be broke down and used in another body.
          It scares me to imagine the amount of money you have in that car.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            It scares me to imagine the amount of money you have in that car.
            It seems to be never ending. Out of the TEN -10an fittings for my oil system, I just found that the 90*s are not the best and I need to look at 120*s and 180*s. UGH!!!!

Comment

• Worked on the oil system today and don't think I got very far. 2 forward and 1 back!

I HAD a -8an line system with a cooler and remote mount filter that worked pretty well but was not being ran through a thermostat (on E85 is not good). So I stepped up to a -10an lines and went from the Pro-Lite 350* light weight hose to stainless steel but it does not radius as well as the other stuff did for me.

Trying to clear the turbo hot/cold piping and not having much success. Now I need to order another 6-7 fittings and increase from 90* up to some 180*s.

I got all the -8an adapters switched out and got halted at the mounting of the thermostat. So that is how it will stay until I get back in October.

Some 180* fittings should get me looped back in the right direction.

Big mistake on my part. I thought I could swap out the -8an for -10an in the filter adapter while it was still on the engine. I used a 12pt deep socket to get a good bite. Big mistake. Trying to get at it, the socket cut into the fittings threads. Damn it.

Marked the oil filter adapter to clock the ports in the banjo bolt.

Comment

• Not much "work" getting done this trip home due to me watching our 1yr old this week. Maybe Momma will let me get a couple hours in the garage at night.

Been unboxing a bunch of goodies that just arrived.

New oil system. I never was really in love with the Canton stuff. I just like the straight cut -an ORB threaded stuff better. That and the Hamburger stuff is super ####ing nice with the multiple mounting positions of the oil filter mount and the premarked ports. You would not believe how many times I had to sit back and think before attaching lines, never more. The ports are all -12an and reduced down to a -10an. So I am switching out all the -8an line too plus the bigger cooler and thermostat. The Magnafuel ported fittings come in real handy for PSI senders and turbo feed lines. System 1 Filters got the call for a reusable all billet housing filter.

New battery box and complete rewire. I never did like the aluminum Taylor box so time for a sealed plastic one to house the Optima Red. All new XS Power 1/0ga black for ground, Red for power and Blue "from alternator". Wiring in a Flaming River cut off switch with a removable key (think theft deterrent measure). I still need to pick up my fuse holders....maybe tomorrow.

Started to piece together my fuel tank breather too. This is to help with the water attracting E85. Should help stabilize it in the periods it isn't running. Just need to build a roll over vent and breather holder.

Comment

• That's some fancy stuff that I haven't ever heard of before

Comment

• Oil separator to go in between the electric vacuum pump and the valve cover. This should keep all the oil mist out of the pump.

Awesome for the money. Solid billet construction and comes with the cut down ORB -12an fittings already. Since I am using a clear GP hose, I am just using push on hose ends.

.....and a new upper radiator hose to be built. This will relocate the filler neck and pressure bleed off port. The one on the radiator is getting cut off so I can tilt the radiator forward into the bumper for fan shroud clearance and a newly built cold side charge pipe. More on this later.

Comment

• Now to drain and drop the gas tank, pull the dash and interior, remove the old battery box and battery cables, strip down the fuel lines in the engine bay and start to rewire and replumb the car.

Comment

• looking good.
                        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• Jeez you don't play around man!!!
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                            Jeez you don't play around man!!!
                            My awesome kiddo, has allowed me to work on the car during her naps and my awesome wife let me get a few hours in the garage tonight after she got home.

However, I am feeling a little bummed. I got the DP off the turbo and pulled away allowing me access to the plug wires on the passenger side. All of them were in perfect shape. I am bummed because when it last ran, I thought that I had two plug wires that were toasted between the valve cover and the downpipe. Wires are fine, now I am not sure why it was running like shit.

I have been able to get of work in, not much finished work but getting things pulled off the car in prep for the new stuff to go in.

Next up, pump the tank out and pull it. Pull the dash and all the EFI harnesses out. Pull the battery box and cables. If I have time, pull the rear end and start cleaning the underbody of the car.

Comment

• Started to figure out if I can lean the radiator, condenser and cooler forward into the bumper cover.

Comment

• Going to box it all in? Air in through the front and out through the hood?

You're making the whole car "your own" already. Minuswhale cut up the fender aprons and core-support to make your own tubular set-up.
                                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                                X