No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAWWT DAMNNED that's some gutsy work!!!
    But nicely done sir

David

Comment

• What I ment was if it was going to be like this:

Or would it stick up around the lip on top?
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        What I ment was if it was going to be like this:

For it to be inset like that you would have to roll the metal on the hood, it won't look like that.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          It took me a second to figure out which filter you were talking about. Yes, the oil filter will be true vertical and mounted to the flashing/frame rail. If it is any conciliation this housing is similar to BMW, Mercedes, etc in that the filter top cap unscrews to allow the filter to be pulled out and replaced (in my case, cleaned). Yes there will be a chance for a little oil to come up over the top but I will just have to wrap it with a few rags.

I am not sure if I want to mount it directly to the radiator or the frame rail....but the radiator would be easiest to have a stand tig welded up when we do all the other mods to it as well.
          I'm familiar with the system 1 filters, use one on my race car. They flow well and filter enough for my needs.

Personally I'd go with the frame rail, but it's your build.

Comment

What I ment was if it was going to be like this:

The only way would be to glass in a shelf for the vent to sit on. I am not seeing it without a lot of work and I am by no means a body guy. Right now I have half an inch of under-hang all around it. So it is possible later down the road with the right body shop...maybe.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              For it to be inset like that you would have to roll the metal on the hood, it won't look like that.
              The man has skills. That's why I asked.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                GAWWT DAMNNED that's some gutsy work!!!
                But nicely done sir

David
                Thanks David Chas_svo came by and lent me a hand in the final fitment.

Comment

The man has skills. That's why I asked.
                  I am a hack on my best day. If I had another hood, someone who knew fiberglass and bodywork, and time, I would give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    I am a hack on my best day. If I had another hood, someone who knew fiberglass and bodywork, and time, I would give it a try.
                    You my friend are no hack. You have serious skills. Don't sell yourself short.

My business partner made this, grafting a Cobra hood and Mark hood together. First time EVER doing fiberglass or body work and just from watching car shows on TV. You show to have more skills.

Comment

• What is the general consensus on the bolts? Too late.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-13-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Bunch of stainless rivets would gave looked good, IMHO. Are those star/tamper resistant bolts?
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          Bunch of stainless rivets would gave looked good, IMHO. Are those star/tamper resistant bolts?
                          Allen headed stainless with nylock nuts.

Comment

• I dig the bolts. Very mechanical
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I think it looks good like that. If you wanted the flush factory look, you could use some body adhesive and go up from underneath and use mairne tec, plastic filler, but of course that's time consuming and I'm not sure if you have the room for that.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• The bolted down look is very racecar. Gives it a more purposeful and menacing look.

Comment

Working...
                                X