Clear All

• Lot's of work getting done in here

Comment

• That is fucking nuts, Keith!

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        Damn that looks good!

Thanks for all the tech advise too! I appreciate it
        Thanks and your welcome. Be careful of 'mission creep' in yours or you will end up like this one.
        Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        That is fucking nuts, Keith!
        Work in progress
        Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Lot's of work getting done in here
        Not as much as I wished. If this kid would take regular naps I would be much further along.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Give the kid some whiskey. He will pass right on out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            Give the kid some whiskey. He will pass right on out.
            Pretty sure the kid is a girl IIRC, better use box wine.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Only the finest boones farm then

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Only the finest boones farm then
                I heard Boones farm and came running
                2012 GT500

Comment

• Yes, she is a she. And she let me have 2hrs today.

Got the new flange to finish the down pipe. But like everything, I had to work it. The 'male' of the flange was too long so it had to be machined down. Enter the cheap harbor freight belt/disc sander and after a dozen test fits, it works. I got it on the down pipe and started welding it in. Then I started working on the exhaust.

Somewhere I lost a set screw that holds the wire into my fuse block. Had I had it, I could have finished the deck lid and battery cable.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 11-13-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Are the redundant fuses and circuit breakers in the same circuits because you are over cautious? You should only need one at or near the battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                      Are the redundant fuses and circuit breakers in the same circuits because you are over cautious? You should only need one at or near the battery.
                      Alternator charge wire has 2 breakers. One up front and one at the battery. Charge wire has no other connections other than the breakers, alternator and battery.

Vehicle power, minus the constant 12v for the ecu, runs from the battery through a fuse to the cut off switch through another fuse then to the front fused distribution block.

Yes there may be a fuse or two more than I need but with these long runs and battery power running everywhere, I don't want to take any chances. Seen too many projects burn to the ground.

Plus the fuses and breakers will help diagnose a problem.

Comment

• The last part would have been my main assumption as to why mulitiples of the same amperage rating in the same run would be used.

Comment

• great looking build, but damn its busy under the hood...

Comment

• Originally posted by broke again View Post
                            great looking build, but damn its busy under the hood...
                            Thanks. Busiest under the bumper cover and fenders.

Comment

• That is one hell of a project....looks good! Are you winging this whole build? Was there not a "kit" of some sort?

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                                That is one hell of a project....looks good! Are you winging this whole build? Was there not a "kit" of some sort?
                                I have had a plan, most of the way. But there is a snowball effect in a lot of places.

Comment

Working...
                                X