No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno, I think that if my boat can hit hard with a single 10... so can your vert. The boat has a custom band pass box, a single JL 10W6, running off the sub channel on a PPI 800.5 amp. With the right sub, box, and amp you'll be fine with a 10.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• SoundQubed is an audio based company specializing in aftermarket audio equipment for all your needs. Wether it is factory replacement speakers for your car or a competition setup for the lanes; SoundQubed has options to meet your needs

and

SoundQubed is an audio based company specializing in aftermarket audio equipment for all your needs. Wether it is factory replacement speakers for your car or a competition setup for the lanes; SoundQubed has options to meet your needs
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• The box is everything, with the right box you can make a single 10 sound better than 2 12's in a shitty box, but you better have some room for the box!
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Need to get on the road first.

If I can get this kid to nap today, I can get some more work done. I already have the heater on in the garage trying to warm it up. It was 42° in there
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Magnafuel ProStar 750..."how loud is that fuel pump" you ask. Don't know. I don't remember hearing it before and don't plan on hearing it now.

I had some extra Dynamat. Just lined the top and the front face.

Found more crap from the E85 debacle.

I had to swap the sender to a 0-90ohm.

Then I installed the son of a bitch fuel tank. My nemesis, the fuel filler neck whooped my ass and then it slide right in. Ugh.

Finished up the fuel lines underhood and mounted the fuel Y.

Also finished up little odds and ends in the EFI stuff. Not a whole lot left to do but still seems like it will be a while before I can start it.
            Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-09-2015, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• What's going to the the outcome weight on that car?

Comment

• No telling. It has gone lighter in some places then gained weight in others.

I bet that even with that 1.5 she's of dynamat the 18gl aluminum tank weighs the same or less th a normal the stock 13gl steel o e did.

But yes, she might be a little heavy in the end
                Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-09-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Fuel lines complete
                  Tank in the car
                  Coolant lines complete
                  Coils brackets made and mounted to the k-member

All EFI and ECU wiring done
                  New spacers made for the accessories brackets. Thank Brooks.

Plenty of room for the alternator wire to fit between the bracket and cylinder head.

I need a 6" 7/16-14 bolt and the p/s pump and bracket will be done.

Need to build new plug wires. Ugh, I dread that task. Then I can drop the downpipe back in.

I am filling the coolant tomorrow and going to pressure check it. Next, oil and prime that system too. Then on to gas and powering up the fuel pump.

Need to figure out the drop in procedure for the Explorer cam sensor and set the crank sensor. After that I think we can hit the starter.

Getting so close!
                  Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-11-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Filled her up with oil and primed the system and no leaks.

Put in 2 gallons of water/antifreeze and pressure checked. It passes.

Built half of the plug wires. Waiting on boots from summit for the other half.

Need the last fitting for a fuel line and I can test that system for leaks.

Need to reinstall the down pipe section I pulled to do the plug wires, load the ECU with my file, test all the EFI sensors, then turning the key.

Should start this weekend.

Comment

• Kick ass
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Hell yeah man.

Comment

• Awesome!
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Thanks guys. I got a mess done today.

Plug wires are built and on.
                            Down pipe back in.
                            Down pipe psi sending unit in. I made a 1/4" steel line as a heat buffer then a 10" steel braided brake line to the sending unit.
                            Dropped in and timed the cam sensor.
                            Lightly polished my overflow tank and put it in.
                            Did the same for the valve covers.
                            ...and a few other odds and ends.

How she sits.

Comment

• Fuel pump wired
                              Fuel level sending unit and gauge wired
                              Fuel lines all complete
                              Power steering bracket bolt arrived today, so it is in and the pulley and belt are on

Tomorrow I am putting a few gallons of fuel in and testing all the lines, pump and level sending unit.

If all goes well, I can load the file to the ECU and get acquainted. May even hit the starter and see what she does.

Comment

• Your car has more money in fittings than my whole build

so jealous.

Comment

Working...
                                X