X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    Your car has more money in fittings than my whole build

so jealous.
    You should see the drain I put on the radiator in place of the drain valve. I had a couple -8an 90* and a union and cap. Makes draining it much cleaner but completely ridiculous to gave $75 in it. But I have a bunch left over so might as well.
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-14-2015, 10:09 PM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      You should see the drain I put on the radiator in place of the drain valve. I had a couple -8an 90* and a union and cap. Makes draining it much cleaner but completely ridiculous to gave $75 in it. But I have a bunch left over so might as well.
      you can unload those fittings at my place if you decide you want to get rid of them, lol
      Last edited by Matt; 01-14-2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        you can unload those fittings if you decide you want to get rid of them, lol
        I still need to plumb the water for the intercooler. The pump will be here tomorrow and I just need to figure out a reservoir. Not sure if I will put a heat exchanger in or not. If I do, that just means more fittings.

Comment

I still need to plumb the water for the intercooler. The pump will be here tomorrow and I just need to figure out a reservoir. Not sure if I will put a heat exchanger in or not. If I do, that just means more fittings.
          Which pump did you end up getting?

Comment

Which pump did you end up getting?
            A 20gpm Meziere remote mount.

Comment

• Should work just fine.

Comment

Should work just fine.
                It is robust.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with being excessive. Way to go I hope there are some running vids this weekend.

Comment

• Got everything ready to connect the laptop to the ECU so I could upload the file. First issue was I couldn't get my laptop to connect. Okay, I am using downloaded software and not the start up disc. Little laptop doesn't have a disc drive. I expected that would happen but now I can't find my charger cable for my big laptop. I get to hunt tomorrow. It has been at least a year plus since I used that thing last.

Second issue. I need to go back to reinstalling the "Push-to-Start" relay and button. I can not get "Start" power to the starter relay from the ignition switch. Could be anywhere since I thinned out so much of the harnesses. But I have 12v to the clutch switch. I just can't find it in the body harness where it would go through the firewall. And I haven't touched that harness.

Not sure if I will get to work on it tomorrow. But I will be back at it Saturday. I guess I can install the old Push-to-Start relay and at least hear it turn over on the starter.

In good news. I got done today:
                    Set the crank sensor air gap to .020" and checked for run out. All looks good.
                    Installed the LCD Touchscreen and harness.
                    Straightened up under the car
                    Put in 10 gallons of fuel and jumped the relay to test the system.....works great.

Comment

Got everything ready to connect the laptop to the ECU so I could upload the file. First issue was I couldn't get my laptop to connect. Okay, I am using downloaded software and not the start up disc. Little laptop doesn't have a disc drive. I expected that would happen but now I can't find my charger cable for my big laptop. I get to hunt tomorrow. It has been at least a year plus since I used that thing last.

Second issue. I need to go back to reinstalling the "Push-to-Start" relay and button. I can not get "Start" power to the starter relay from the ignition switch. Could be anywhere since I thinned out so much of the harnesses. But I have 12v to the clutch switch. I just can't find it in the body harness where it would go through the firewall. And I haven't touched that harness.

Not sure if I will get to work on it tomorrow. But I will be back at it Saturday. I guess I can install the old Push-to-Start relay and at least hear it turn over on the starter.

In good news. I got done today:
                      Set the crank sensor air gap to .020" and checked for run out. All looks good.
                      Installed the LCD Touchscreen and harness.
                      Straightened up under the car
                      Put in 10 gallons of fuel and jumped the relay to test the system.....works great.
                      Ive got a usb disk drive if you need to use it.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        Ive got a usb disk drive if you need to use it.
                        I have a couple here also. I think my problem is user error and I think I have it figured out. Some time this afternoon I should get a chance to get back into the garage and test my theory.

Comment

• Are you just using battery power or do you have a charger connected to the cars systems? I have had VW, Toyota, and GM stuff refuse to connect because of low voltage.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                            Are you just using battery power or do you have a charger connected to the cars systems? I have had VW, Toyota, and GM stuff refuse to connect because of low voltage.
                            Holley is the reverse of that. You absolutely should not turn the key to the run position with the ecu hooked when you have the battery on a charger. It is the one rule that Holley puts in huge letters and will void the ecu.

I played with the software in the house a little more this morning. Hopefully when I get back in the garage in an hour, I can make progress.

Battery is sitting good at 12.55v while playing with it.

Comment

• Fixed. ECU and laptop are working. I had a 12v wire output mixed with an input.

Stopping on a high and will crank it off in the morning.

Comment

• Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X