No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys have no idea how nice this car is, there's so many details that he's not showing that make it a step above the rest!

Comment

Nicely done!
      - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
      1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
        You guys have no idea how nice this car is, there's so many details that he's not showing that make it a step above the rest!
        Brooks, this would be comment as well. The pictures do not do this car and Keith's work justice. It's beyond nice.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I've seen it in person a few times, aside from bieng a super clean low mile virgin car - all of the work is done at the highest level. It's a shame that a lot of it will be covered up by the dash, fenders, etc.

Comment

Keith, is that the same car you laid blankets on and we used as a bench for our AR build party?

Hahahahahahahhahahaha!

Comment

first time seeing this build thread.

very nice build and cant wait to see the end result and video of it running!

Comment

Thanks guys. I am about to get in there this afternoon and see if I can get closer turning the key for the first time in 2 years. I would settle for being able to hook the battery up so I can put the top up and give her a bath.

I appreciate the comments. I have spent so much time and money on even the smallest of details to make this a unique cruiser.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

What's the engine/trans combo ? What kind of power are you looking to make ?

As everyone else has said, fantastic work. It really makes a huge difference in the looks of the engine bay when everything is tidy and clean.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                    What's the engine/trans combo ? What kind of power are you looking to make ?

As everyone else has said, fantastic work. It really makes a huge difference in the looks of the engine bay when everything is tidy and clean.

-Aaron
                    Thanks Aaron. The motor is a Dart 4.125" 348ci (8.1:1cr) with AFR185 heads, Ed Curtis cam, Comp Cams valve train with titanium retainers and FTI valve springs matched to the cam. The intake is a Super Victor EFI, 75mm t/b and 120# injectors. Ignition is AEM coil on plug using their position sensor and GM LQ9 coils. 76mm Precision turbo on a BG Customs hot side; I built (Brooks welded) the cold side.

I am using a BBRC 18gal aluminum fuel tank that has a Magnafuel Pro 750 mounted inside with filter. The extra gallons will offset the loss in gas mileage for the E85 I am going to run.

Trans is a Viper spec'd 6spd with a Quicktime bell housing and Zoom twin disc clutch, aluminum clutch, etc.

Rear is a 3.31:1 set in an Auborn Pro HD, FRPP 31 spline axles

Brakes are regular 10th Anny FRPP Cobra calipers on Baer 2 piece rotors cross drilled and slotted with aluminum hats and ARP ext studs at all the corners.

Suspension is a full Maximum Motorsport kit minus steering linkage; still not sure why I didn't replace it at the same time though.

Wheels are factory Ford (not knockoffs) Cobra R 17x9 wheels that I had the rears widened to 10.5". Fronts are still 9" and are covered with some Nitto NT05 275/40. Backs are Nitto NT05R drag radials at 315/35 (barely fit though).

There are more wiring connectors on the car than on a commercial jet liner and more plumbing and fittings than the space shuttle. Not a hose clamp one on this car.

Brooks is right, it will take an astute eye to notice the detail that is hidden behind the dash and fenders.

Comment

This is an awesome build. I like what you've done with the wiring. As you mention most of the details will go unnoticed to the untrained eye, but it's all worth it in the end.
                      sigpic

Comment

Huge milestone

I hit a huge high point tonight; the dash is in and the top and windows are up for the first time in almost 2 years. I think the top has actually been down for nearly 3 years now.

I finally finished up the wiring inside the cab and in the dash to a point where I could set it in. I still have a few wires in the pass kick panel to take care of but I need to call AEM and get a plug for the ECM (pins 61-66).

Of course the battery was dead but I put the jumper on it and everything powered right up just as expected. Pass window switch is inop now, not sure what is going on there.....minor issue right now. The good thing is that there were no noticible shorts or sparks or even fires now that everything has constent and keyed 12v.

Need to:
                        Pin the plug for the EPM (distributor replacement).
                        Finish a vacuum line going to the pass side wheel well.
                        Finish IAC mount and hoses.
                        Build new Power Steering lines..I hate the way Ford routed them so we are going to -an fittings and teflon lined steel braided hose. Shit just finding the right fittings for the pump and rack were a small chore but I think I have the right ones on the way from MM and Summit.
                        Get a tighter radius hose end for the fuel tank feed line (on the way). To many components trying to occupy the same space.
                        Mount the tank for the last time.
                        Tuck the fuel lines under the car.
                        Pull the rest of the exhaust out from under the car.
                        Put the car on the ground and push it out into the drive way for a bath...much needed.
                        Pull the entire engine bay apart again and reinstall for the final time.

For some reason the Air/Fuel gauge is not powering up but it uses the same +/- source as the others. I think it might have come unplugged at the back of the gauge. Shitter is that it is a bitch to slide out of the pod so the entire thing will have to come up. Not a big deal, just not going to jack with it tonight.

I was told "pics or it didn't happen", so....

Sorry for the rambling of a post but I am excited to be where I am on the project right now. New job starts tomorrow or I would have this thing running by next weekend.
                        Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Looking good Keith.

That is going to be one Hell of a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                            Looking good Keith.

That is going to be one Hell of a ride.
                            Thanks Matt. I would love to start it, if not this weekend, then next for sure. For the next two weeks I should be home around 5 each afternoon so that will give me a few hours to mess with it. Of course I need another $500 worth of fittings, hose, and misc BS from summit first.

Comment

Nice car man! Incredible details. But you need to wash it. jk

just WOW
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                Nice car man! Incredible details. But you need to wash it. jk

just WOW
                                Thanks

She has been in the garage since we moved in, August 2009. Most of that time she has been on jack stands of some form or fashion. Trust me I cringe at the dust on the paint.

Here is a pic of her all clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X