• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denny
    Can't
    Ass.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• No thanks to Denny, I only have a few things to wrap up and then bleed the hyd throwout bearing.

1 driveshaft bolt
      Exhaust....easy enough, just a couple vbands
      A few oil pan bolts
      Drain the oil pan
      Drop in 7qrts of oil
      Fill transmission and install a shifter
      Waiting on a fitting for water pump, then install a line
      Fill and test coolant
      Need water pump pulley bolts
      Needs a belt
      Install new clutch quadrant
      Install slave cylinder
      Install clutch fluid reservoir
      Fill and bleed clutch
      Test drive and pray I did everything right

Comment

• So close.

Cars and coffee Fort Worth this Saturday.
        Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-06-2016, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Need help?
          have you seen what he did with his car? Yeah, Keith needs all kinds of help.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Need help?
            Fool me once...

...no I got it pretty much knocked out. Barring any issues, I should be on the road this week.

But if you wanna come critique and point out, I am home after 6:30p.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              have you seen what he did with his car? Yeah, Keith needs all kinds of help.
              My wife agrees.

Comment

Form follows function
                More like the opposite here. In trying to stay away from hose clamps for function/reliability/safety I have created so many other problems and the form just looks like I did it on purpose. It was purely accidental or my only option though, I can assure you. Basically I have to find the function and hope I can follow behind for it to look right. Plenty I want to clean up still left to do.

Comment

That's why the form follows function.
                  Lol, I read over it too quick before typing.

Comment

• Back from around the block.

Clutch needs to be adjusted. Lets up to far up from the floor.

Oil leak at either front main or oil pan gasket under timing chain cover. I hope it is just the oil pan gasket. I don't want to have to pull the front cover, again.

Water pump pulley needs a washer or two between the pump and pulley. The belt is right on the edge.

Powermaster alternator that I so want to work, doesn't. Swapped the stock one over and we have alternator output. I am taking the Powermaster to auto zone tomorrow evening to have them check.

Idles and runs fine. I was a little worried about the first start after removing the crank wheel and crank sensor. But since I marked everything and left the sensor on the bracket, it started right up.

Tomorrow I am going to investigate the oil leak and adjust the clutch. Hopefully I can get it to Cars and Coffee Fort Worth on Saturday

Comment

• That stinks about the alt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        That stinks about the alt.
                        Right? And it isn't as easy to change with the March bracket as it was with the stock Ford bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          That stinks about the alt.
                          At least I have a stock one to swap.

I am more ticked really about the oil leak. I guess I didn't put enough rtv down in those corners.
                          Loosen motor mount bolts to block and motor mount stud to k-member. Drain oil, again. Jack up the motor as high ax I can get it and drop the pan down. Luckily I have extra oil pan gasket too.

Comment

• I am a huge fan of permatex right stuff.

Comment

• I noticed in one of your previous images the oil pan gasket was damaged around the bolt hole nearest to the passenger side of the crank seal. It is likely leaking from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                                I noticed in one of your previous images the oil pan gasket was damaged around the bolt hole nearest to the passenger side of the crank seal. It is likely leaking from there.
                                Thanks. I am sure I didn't put enough rtv there. That's okay. I have a new rubber 1-piece and a standard fel-pro I can swap with the. I just wished I had a engine bay lift bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X