No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It had to come apart to go back together.

Tonight I got the intake back on and torqued down, the 60# injectors swapped for the 120# injectors, sucked out and cleaned the goop in the water jackets, fuel rails back in place and wiring harness back in.

Tomorrow the headers, crossover and turbo come off to get wrapped. I am soaking the wrap in a bucket of water for about 18 hours so it will be super plyable (sp?) when I wrap it tomorrow night. I am going to again let the hotside sit out in the sun to back the wrap dry before getting reinstalled on Wed.

Still need to finish the fuel lines at the tank and mount the tank for the last time.

I have to brag on my wonderful and patient wife. She was a great helper tonight.

.....and where I stopped tonight
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Looking good. And true story on the red Toyota coolant, it's good shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Run Toyota Red antifreeze and you won't ever see that happen again.
        I will give it a try. It just pisses me off that I specifically used distilled water.

I was able to pull most of it out with a shopvac by blocking off the ports in the cylinder head to create a better suction. I got the rest out by scrapping and repeating the vacuum. I checked the radiator and the ports in the heads as far as I could see.....no issues in there; only in the timing chain cover ports.

Comment

• Kudos to the wifey!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Keith has it made like gravy at Bell.

He's the new ballast dummy for the passenger side of the maiden flights for new helicopters. If it goes down, DiAnn gets the insurance policy.
            Ouch...
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Dude, sick build. I haven't posted, but I've been watching since the start of this thread. Everything looks top notch. Can't wait till you get it fired up and post up a video of it.

And give that damn thing a bath, lol.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                I have to brag on my wonderful and patient wife. She was a great helper tonight.
                She have a sister?
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

• corrected thread title, was driving me crazy.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    corrected thread title, was driving me crazy.
                    Good it was driving me crazy too!

Awesome build man!
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

LOL! Same here.

Comment

Thanks it has been bothering me too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

• [QUOTE=slowyellow;557566]

No shit man. He's been worrying about people coming over and rubbing up against the dust and scratching it.

David

Comment

• Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Yes, I know, it looks slow.....that is the plan.

I got the hot side off and wrapped today. As the wrap dried I was able to seal and coat them. The entire hotside took 100' of 2" and 100' of 1" wrap.

Tomorrow I will get the headers back on and who knows how much else. If I can keep at it every day for a few hours this week, I should be able to turn it over this weekend. I just want to hear it run and not leak or catch fire.

3.5" DP

Headers

needs to be coated and have the straps cleaned up

Comment

• Headers are in as is the crossover, turbo, down pipe, spark plugs.

I hope I did this right. If these headers have to come off I am pulling the motor first.......the driver's side is a bitch to get the bolts in. I think it looks right.

This fucking bolt is not going in any further. I can not get the wrench to grab anything.

Again the wife did a great job in helping. Putting in the bolts for the turbo/merge.

I used a 2' shield on the DP for extra heat protection for the plug wires (already sleeved) and the A/C drain. I have heard too many horror stories of the drain melting and the grommet then the carpet catching fire. DP wrapped (double in that area) plus the sheild ought to help.

There is not much room between the DP with the shield and the plug wires but they are not pinched our bound up. I may leave the coil packs in place for now.

Comment

• All I can say is I'd better get a call when you bust that cherry!

I'll bring samich!

David

Comment

Working...
                                X