X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You park like an asshole!

Nice car.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      You park like an asshole!

Nice car.
      Neighborhood pool which is closed. We were over at the park playing. Put my money on, I wasn't gonna bother anyone.

Thanks
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Can I be the asshole that liked the r's better?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          Can I be the asshole that liked the r's better?
          Sure. That's perfectly okay. Truth be told, I miss them, but like these also.

Comment

• Well new chapter coming soon.

Paul with Mike at Mike's Trick Shift are building me a 4r70w. All the good stuff inside, multi disc billet converter, trans brake and using a US Shift Quick 4 controller.

All the 6spd Viper trans, clitch, hyd throwout bearing conversion, shifter and driveshaft areally for sale.

Comment

• Changes coming....but of course.

Swapping out the T56 for a 4r70

Swapping out the power steering for manual to make room for a crankcase vacuum pump. I'm tired of oil seepage from crankcase pressure under boost. Plus putting a 10" vacuum on the engine from 1,500 rpms all the way up will put the crank working in a vacuum, reduce windage and make some extra power. I'm reading 20 or so on engines not built for vacuum pumps with 12" being the max they recommend before piston pin problems. But for engines with lighter rings and better pin oiling, a vacuum pump running 15" - 20" can net a 30-40hp gain.

The choice is now which pump to use. I'm looking at the Star Machine stuff but I need to stay serpentine belt if at all possible. The GZ is the easy bet and I actually picked up a used serpentine pulley for their pump for $65. Saves me $60 and it will direct bolt to a moroso pump also. To make it fit the Star, I need to make an adapter on the lathe.

Comment

• Can't get behind the new wheels either for some reason.

You will enjoy the auto. Stick cars are fun for 500 and under imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Can't get behind the new wheels either for some reason.

You will enjoy the auto. Stick cars are fun for 500 and under imho.
                  I know. I feel ya on the wheels. I loved them, then liked them and the love just ain't there like I thought it would be. I miss the Rs.

I may try a set of Saleen 18s.

First though. Swap out the steering pump and rack for the manual and vacuum pump. Then tune. Then pull the trans and ship it to it's new home. Then order converter and put the trans back in.

Comment

• Car is looking good man! Not that my opinion matters but I also thought the R's looked better on there. Maybe I'm biased though as I had them on my car as well. Now the Saleen's would look pimp! Can't wait to see how the AOD-E works out for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Car is looking good man! Not that my opinion matters but I also thought the R's looked better on there. Maybe I'm biased though as I had them on my car as well. Now the Saleen's would look pimp! Can't wait to see how the AOD-E works out for you.
                      Thanks, Jose. Selling the Rs was a mistake. I missed them before I even had them boxed up. But I have my eye out for a clean set of Saleens. The car really needs an 18inch wheel. But I am not in a huge hurry either.

This R&R in July/August it is already getting vacuum pump and ditching the power steering for manual rack, then retuned before the 4R70W goes in.

Comment

• I have a set of Steeda's for sale???

Comment

• Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                          I have a set of Steeda's for sale???
                          Shoot me a PM with what you got.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                            Thanks, Jose. Selling the Rs was a mistake. I missed them before I even had them boxed up. But I have my eye out for a clean set of Saleens. The car really needs an 18inch wheel. But I am not in a huge hurry either.

This R&R in July/August it is already getting vacuum pump and ditching the power steering for manual rack, then retuned before the 4R70W goes in.
                            Totally understand the need to move up to an 18. Have you ever thought about the Y2K Cobra R?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              Totally understand the need to move up to an 18. Have you ever thought about the Y2K Cobra R?

I hadn't but if I found a FRPP set I would try them out. I think either those or original Saleens, both in chrome would look killer on the Black body.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                                I hadn't but if I found a FRPP set I would try them out. I think either those or original Saleens, both in chrome would look killer on the Black body.
                                Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X