No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice that it's an easy part fix, sucks having to tear it all apart for something so simple

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      Nice that it's an easy part fix, sucks having to tear it all apart for something so simple
      The transmission and all related parts were coming out anyways for a swap to the automatic. I just need to buy a new line for the new owner. But I'll take a $10 problem over a $200-300 one any day of the week.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• So this is happening. Just a shell of a case right now to see how everything will fit.
        Last edited by KBScobravert; 10-10-2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Glad you came to your senses.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Glad you came to your senses.
            yep. The last dyno session was the nail in the coffin to convert it over to an auto.

Comment

• When you get to installing your actual unit, remove the ear at 3°click and any other not needed

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                When you get to installing your actual unit, remove the ear at 3°click and any other not needed
                The one just above the starter I assume. That's the first one I'm taking off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

• When I swapped the 4r70 into my sn-95, I cut any ear that stuck off the case that wasn't needed for mounting or operation. It made clearance much nicer and install easier with the mods my car has.

Comment

• i put one in my 69 without cutting anything.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I tossed the empty trans in to see how it will fit with the DP. That was fun.

I think I want to put a window in the bell housing so the DP will clear better.

I can't get the DP in or out with the trans bolted up unless I cut more of the flange into the area where I want to window the starter hump

Comment

• The twin disc was slipping at 750?

Comment

• Originally posted by broke again View Post
                          The twin disc was slipping at 750?
                          yes

Comment

• Just do front exit DP...��
                            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• I would be concerned about removing much more material from around the starter mounting bosses. Certainly would not cut a window. There is a good bit of force on that area when the starter is in use. Just make another or modify the downpipe.

Comment

• add a vband to the dp so you can take it off in sections

Comment

Working...
                                X