No announcement yet.

My SN95 "New Gen" Resto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First thing made was the sheet metal elbow. Wanted to keep as much piping out of the engine bay as possible to keep it looking as clean as possible so we went with a rear facing TB and under dash mounted Air to water IC. We make everything in house as well.

Had a good friend who does powder coating ceramic coat the headers and exhaust housings. He also did the intake, elbow, A-arms and several other things. He will be the one doing all the powder coating for the car. Coating by Coates in Houston or Scott Coates on Facebook if you need anything coated he is a bad ass and reasonably priced also.

Last edited by 2_slow_5.0; 11-05-2015, 11:29 AM. Reason: Pictures to big

Comment

• nice progress
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• The fab guy Aldowelds wanted to redo the turbo kit and put the turbos in the grill. I only wanted to switch it over to EFI but knowing his skills and that sooner or later it would happen anyway we decided to tear it apart and go ahead with the change. I had the car apart but progress was slow as always with a "shop" car vs customer car. Since I am only in town to work on it every 6 weeks its been really slow. LOL

It sat like this for a while, a long while. I was working on the wiring and collecting the rest of the parts in the mean time.

Not sure if I will leave the dash in this way or not but the turn signal indicators and high beam indicator are in place. Might move the bump box to the console and redo this before its powder coated.

Comment

• Pictures of the turbo kit are not all that great I will get some better ones once its welded out completely but here they are.

Because I want to keep the car on the street we had to make sure even with the turbos in the grill we could still use a radiator that would keep it cool. It is a custom built unit with dual fans, and integrated shroud that will mount where the factory cobra heat exchanger would normally go. I cant remember the exact dimensions at the moment but its something like 36" wide, 16" tall and 4" core. This is the shroud for it we cut out, Monkey fab has moved to Houston and is now part of Aldowelds, this is his handy work.

Comment

• I started on the wiring last time I was in town. Switched out the factory column for a 1" aluminum column with a quick release hub and found a universal multi function switch to clamp onto it. Now all the lights, hazards, blinkers, high beams and even fog lights work as they should with the switch. Its also tagged and inspected just like every other street car is.

CUT YOUR SOUND OFF>>>>>>

Wiring is a pain in the ass but its all in place just trying to get it terminated and fitting correctly to the right spots.

The most time consuming part was the coils for sure. Holley only supplies you with the signal per hole, a single ground and single 12v, you have to split it to each cylinder yourself if you want to use the unterminated harness without their sub harness.

Comment

• So what is not pictured.........

Car has Aerospace pro street brakes all the way around now
              Enderle E-3004 belt drive fuel pump
              Holley blue to assist in priming the pump for initial startup
              All fuel lines have been swapped over for Teflon so alcohol can be used if needed
              Power windows and door locks all working
              Passenger seat is now in place
              Console was covered in black vinyl
              Custom A2W built for under the dash.

Still need to do a few things........
              Wire the windshield wipers
              cut out and move the rear coilover bar up to lower the rear
              Finish up the ECU wiring
              Put a back seat in for show
              Powder coat the rest of the piping, motor plates and a few other things
              Add bungs for mounting the coils to the valve covers
              Put the cutouts on and run the full exhaust to the rear

Once the chassis gets lined out with this motor and turbo setup we will be switching motors and turbos. Hopefully with the funds from selling this motor we hope to put in a gear vendors overdrive and see if we cant make it to Drag week hopefully this coming year.

Scott did such an amazing job on the car before I got it there was no reason not to finish it out in a way he would be proud of. I hate selling a car and seeing someone fuck it all up but thats how it goes sometimes. None the less I figured people might want to see where it is now and whats happening with it. I will keep up on the progress as we move farther along.

Comment

• Outstanding updates. If you need a hand with the ECU and wiring, let me know. I would b ec glad to help if I have the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• looking good.!
                  Originally posted by BoostedGT
                  I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
                  Originally posted by bigminz
                  Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

• Looks great. I've been watching the progress when HP Innovators show progress on the their Facebook page. It is nice to see that someone is continuing with the quality of what Scott built. I bought the 408 short block from this car when Scott had Morgan and Sons build the bigger motor. What did you build for this now?

Comment

• Thanks everyone, we are certainly doing our best to keep everything up to the quality standards that Scott started. We got lucky enough to have an amazing platform to work with and the work he did was beautiful, it only seemed right to finish it out the same way.

HP Innovators is me by the way we supply several shops around the Houston area and a few out of state shops as well with many different things.

Aldowelds is doing all the fabrication work and I'm lucky enough that they allow me to keep my car there and use their equipment as well.

Scott Coates is the one doing all the powder coating. Guy does some sick things with powder coat I've never seen before. I told him to do whatever he wanted on this car and let him do some stuff to show people the possibilities of powder coating. We will be smothing out the compressor housings also and putting a little something special on them as well and coating them to match the car color.

There is no way I could have been able to afford everything being done without the help of these guys and so many others that have come together to help me out and I want to thank them as it wouldn't be possible without them.

Comment

• Scott the powder coater wasn't happy with the elbow and said it didn't have the affect he was trying to get. He has been working on the trick or process to get the ghost affect down for a while now and I think he nailed it with this.

Comment

• Really not a whole lot of interesting stuff at the moment going on. Been working on the mount for the fuel pump, with the turbos mounted, piping and all mounting it was a bit or a battle. So came up with this for a mount, should look pretty badass once its finished and installed. This will bolt onto the motor plate over the water pump and the pump will sit in back behind the turbos between them. Thanks again to Monkey Fab for the handy work on the CNC Plasma and the boys at the shop Aldo Welds doing badass things as always.

Comment

• Comment

• Makes me happy to see you do justice to that car. I can't wait to see it finished. I would have loved to keep it, but some things in life are more important. 👍🏻

And thanks for the kind words.
                              One day at a time.

Comment

• Just getting back into town I have not had much time but managed to get the fuel pump bracket mocked up and pump installed as well to measure for fuel lines and plan out the routing. This thing turned out sweet!! Its always a battle trying to figure out how and where to mount a belt drive with motor plates but with Monkey Fab and Aldo welds working together this kick ass bracket was made and looks great!!

Comment

Working...
                                X