Got another question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got another question.

I am wondering what it takes to move the power steering pump up kinda where the a/c was. If I put my belt tensioner on it makes the belt from the alt. To the p/s pump way to close to the water pump. I don't have the a/c that's why I want to either move the p/ s up some or I guess I will just buy the a/c delete but just don't want to have to buy another belt as I just bought this one. Tia

That was gunna be my advice... Buy a new belt i mean. Correct me if im wrong, but wont a new shorter belt be a hellava lot cheaper then an ac delete or less time consuming then moving ur ps?

Comment

Those A/C delete brackets are cheap and move the P/S pump up so that there is no part of the belt touching itself anywhere. Best way to get the right size belt is to have someone move the tensioner into place (range) where it should be when the belt is on and route some string through the pullies the same way the belt will sit. Then go match it up at the parts store.

Comment

The Ford P/S relocation bracket is a simple and easy installation. You might be able to run a smaller belt, but it won't be in the optimum location, hence why they came out with the relocation bracket

Comment

Can someone send me a link to the bracket so I can see it and know I order the right thing. Lol. Sorry just want to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasmustang View Post
            Can someone send me a link to the bracket so I can see it and know I order the right thing. Lol. Sorry just want to make sure.
            This is the one I used: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=2424

assuming your referring to an 85-93 Mustang...

Comment

Couldn't I still use the same belt since all I am doing is moving the p/s pump up.

Comment

Working...
              X