G Force T5 or Tremec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Force T5 or Tremec

Just about finished with the build on my car which is a 93 GT conversion. It's got a 331 with close to 12.5 compression running on E85. With cast TFS high ports I'm hoping to get a little over 500 hp out of it. Right now it's got a stock T5 in it, which I'm sure won't hold up long. Lookin for advice, should I go G Force T5 or Tremec?

Well, the G-Force will probably shift easier and won't require a different bellhousing. However, speaking from experience. It is only a matter of time until the case flexes and it goes boom. I would look for a TKO if you are gonna stick with a manual and a 5speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
      Well, the G-Force will probably shift easier and won't require a different bellhousing. However, speaking from experience. It is only a matter of time until the case flexes and it goes boom. I would look for a TKO if you are gonna stick with a manual and a 5speed.
      and have 2 grand laying around

Comment

In before T-56 suggestions.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If you go with a T5, buy one built with the Astro A5 gear kit. I offer one in a XR series unit and yes they are 2 grand without a core. Out of all the ones I have built, I have not had one single failure reported back to me. The units have gone behind anything from a turbo charged 302 to a 418W. The key is to run the right clutch combo in front of the unit. PM me if you are interested in a unit. The A5 gear kit is on back order but I should be getting some more in early next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            In before T-56 suggestions.
            x2 on the t56

Comment

The T56 is nice but a little more effort and money is required to install one into a Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by vettekiller View Post
                Just about finished with the build on my car which is a 93 GT conversion. It's got a 331 with close to 12.5 compression running on E85. With cast TFS high ports I'm hoping to get a little over 500 hp out of it. Right now it's got a stock T5 in it, which I'm sure won't hold up long. Lookin for advice, should I go G Force T5 or Tremec?
                G-force! FO-SHO!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fordracer2 View Post
                  G-force! FO-SHO!
                  A5 kit is way better than the G Force kit. Trust me, I've done both and there is comparison.

Here is a A5 2nd gear vs. the G Force 2nd gear

Last edited by thesource; 11-21-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Tremec tko. Had it in my bullitt and loved it.
                    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                    -Fred Sanford

Comment

isnt the astro kit alot more expensive than the gforce?

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                        If you go with a T5, buy one built with the Astro A5 gear kit. I offer one in a XR series unit and yes they are 2 grand without a core. Out of all the ones I have built, I have not had one single failure reported back to me. The units have gone behind anything from a turbo charged 302 to a 418W. The key is to run the right clutch combo in front of the unit. PM me if you are interested in a unit. The A5 gear kit is on back order but I should be getting some more in early next month.
                        What is your opinion of the astro/gforce over the t3550 or TKO?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                          isnt the astro kit alot more expensive than the gforce?
                          I don't know what the G Force kit is because I don't buy them but the A5 kit is about $1400 right now. This includes a 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear, input shaft and cluster gear.

Originally posted by Baron
                          What is your opinion of the astro/gforce over the t3550 or TKO?
                          The A5 kit is pretty stout. I can tell you this, out of all the units I have built using the A5 kit, I have not heard of a single failure. I have sold units to guys making near or a little above 600 fwhp. One customer for sure I know of with a 418W beats the living hell out of his unit and has been for the past two years now. Its a street car that sees almost no track time.

Comment

Working...
                          X