A Little Help With The 88' Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Help With The 88' Again?

I did have elecrical problems (fuse, turn signal switch, short in the horn) they're fixed now. Also had alt. rebuilt and bat. is good.
    Well I was going to take it to the muffler man for exhaust work and now won't start. It turns over but won't start.

Fuel pump, fuel filter??

Thanks!
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

do you have spark?
    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

I don't know, do I need to do the spark plug test?
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
        I don't know, do I need to do the spark plug test?
        You mean like put your tongue on it?

Comment

Originally posted by vertnut View Post
          you mean like put your tongue on it?
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            You mean like put your tongue on it?
            Haha, no,.

Comment

I did have elecrical problems (fuse, turn signal switch, short in the horn) they're fixed now. Also had alt. rebuilt and bat. is good.
              Who fixed your horn issues? I just bought an 89 LX that keeps popping the fuse for the horn.
              Originally posted by SEB
              ,,, You are just faster then me.

DOS LOCOS RACING

JUSTTHEDRIVER is my HERO! .000 Reaction Time 11/12/06

Comment

Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key?

You could also depress the schrader valve on the fuel line under the hood and see if it sprays fuel everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 93WHITELXCOUPE View Post
                  Who fixed your horn issues? I just bought an 89 LX that keeps popping the fuse for the horn.
                  Thankfully ALL electrical has been tracked down and fixed. Israel's brother from C.C.A.R.S. tracked down that it was a short in the horn's themselves, sold me osme used one's and I went home swapped them out, changed out the fuse again and they work now.
                  If you buy them, I forgot which year, just get some for a 93' they will have the horns connected on one bracket rather then having to fart around with 2 horns and 2 brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key?

You could also depress the schrader valve on the fuel line under the hood and see if it sprays fuel everywhere.
                    John if you're referring to me, yes fuel pump primes and thankfully everything works perfect. First thing i did was check this and change fuel filter.
                    My problem besides the horn shorting out all came down to the Neg. wire was pulling away from the connector at the battery, I replaced the battery connector and it fixed everything.
                    Most expensive connector in the world. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne
                      Please back up and read my last 2 posts, which were from today, then look at the original post date. Yep, been awhile and I did troubleshoot to the best of my abilities.

ALL issues are fixed.
                      Oh and isn't this the "garage" forum and IS what this forum is for?
                      my apologies, i am an ass. i deleted it. good job.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                        my apologies, i am an ass. i deleted it. good job.
                        I appreciate it, I have to ask you guys, this is after I do the best I can troubleshooting the problems myself.
                        I am mechanically inclined, but I am definitely not a mechanic by any stretch.

Comment

John if you're referring to me, yes fuel pump primes and thankfully everything works perfect. First thing i did was check this and change fuel filter.
                          My problem besides the horn shorting out all came down to the Neg. wire was pulling away from the connector at the battery, I replaced the battery connector and it fixed everything.
                          Most expensive connector in the world. lol
                          LOL - I didn't even pay attention to the date.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            LOL - I didn't even pay attention to the date.
                            I hope 91WHITELXCOUPE figures out the problem with his car & found this somewhat helpful. haha

Comment

Working...
                            X