Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do shops markup replacement parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Words to live by. My education and Tools are expensive.
    Shit yeah particularly the tools bought off a truck lol! BTW, your educated??

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

If I have to close my doors to go pick up a specialized part for a car that I am restoring and loose 2 hrs of work time($100) shouldn't I charge extra for the part? Not to mention the fuel I burn to get there and back.
      If it's something common like a ball joint that can be delivered to my shop I don't mark it up most of the time, but I'm not a mechanic shop thats bread n butter is that kind of thing. If I was I would.
      btw, the shops in Rockwall are at $92.50per hr.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
        If I have to close my doors to go pick up a specialized part for a car that I am restoring and loose 2 hrs of work time($100) shouldn't I charge extra for the part? Not to mention the fuel I burn to get there and back.
        If it's something common like a ball joint that can be delivered to my shop I don't mark it up most of the time, but I'm not a mechanic shop thats bread n butter is that kind of thing. If I was I would.
        btw, the shops in Rockwall are at $92.50per hr.
        Do you own New Wave Performance?

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Just had some front end work done to the 1997 Ford F150.

I was shocked that they charged me $70.12 for a lower ball joint, when the same part from VatoZone is $30.99.

They charged me $89.96 each for KYB shocks when I can find them for $49.95-52.98 each any where I look.

Is this normal? I don't mind paying for parts, but to double the cost is freaking rediculous.
            yes
            Originally posted by BoostedGT
            I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
            Originally posted by bigminz
            Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaterjuiced View Post
              Shit yeah particularly the tools bought off a truck lol! BTW, you're educated??
              just saying.......
              If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

Working...
              X