Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to find a T5 out of an S10 with the 4.3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to find a T5 out of an S10 with the 4.3 ?

I'm looking for a T-5 out of an S-10 pickup with the 4.3 V6. I want to put an overdrive in this '66 Chevy pickup I recently bought, and can't find a damn S-10 T-5 ANYWHERE. The truck currently is 283 with 3 on the tree. It runs great, but overdrive is a must because I'm going to be driving it, A LOT.

The Camaro T-5 would work, but the shifter is further back on the tail shaft, versus the shifter being at the front part of the tail shaft on the S-10 T-5 to miss the seat.

Anyone have any ideas where I could look ? I'm not opposed to buying one that needs to be rebuilt, as I'll just have Noah go through it, but I don't want want that's a bunch of junk.

Thanks to anyone that can help !

-Aaron

try bill's auto salvage on 69 in Denison, 903-463-1970 they were open this morning. Ellis Auto Salvage is in the old Miller's place on 56 903-893-3904

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      try bill's auto salvage on 69 in Denison, 903-463-1970 they were open this morning. Ellis Auto Salvage is in the old Miller's place on 903-893-3904
      Thanks David. I'll give those guys a call. I actually know all of the Ellis' pretty well and had to get a quarter glass from out there last week for my brother's Blazer.

-Aaron
      Last edited by CRASH; 05-28-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

No luck at either of those yards. I called Carter's in Plano and they're closed for the holiday.

The search continues !

Comment

What year range s10?

Comment

I'm thinking late 80's to early 2000's.

Comment

I've been looking for a t5 for my mustang, and came across this one.

Comment

There seems to be a good selection on car-part.com, some locally

Comment

PM Baron.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                    No luck at either of those yards. I called Carter's in Plano and they're closed for the holiday.

The search continues !
                    If Carter's has one, they'll make you a great deal. Whatever it would cost new, plus 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      PM Baron.
                      Talked with him via text message earlier today. Gonna give him a call when he's at work on Tuesday.

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      If Carter's has one, they'll make you a great deal. Whatever it would cost new, plus 10%.
                      LOL ! Ya know, the only thing I have bought from them was a Taurus electric fan, and it was priced what I thought was accordingly at $40.

-Aaron

Comment

You also got GM heaven or Truck heaven or whatever its called these days, out on Mansfield Highway.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                          You also got GM heaven or Truck heaven or whatever its called these days, out on Mansfield Highway.
                          Thanks. I'll have to check them out next week.

Comment

I don't remember a T5 ever being available in the 4.3L . It was used in the 2.8L and 4 banger but the 4.3 used the NV3500/Getrag as it called 5 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                              Thanks. I'll have to check them out next week.
                              Be careful though, take your gun. My brother in law is a fort worth cop. I was planning to go out there and get some stang parts, but now I'll be taking him with me as well as carrying my CCW. He said there have been some robberies out there lately, that people have actually been getting back there in some of the junkyards and hiding among the cars, and popping out and robbing the junkyard crawlers. How messed up is that.

Comment

Working...
                              X