Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy good Cobra brakes locally? (Mansfield area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy good Cobra brakes locally? (Mansfield area)

Did the 99/01 Cobra brake swap on my '00 GT and now having a heck of a time finding brake pads locally. Regular fronts with vented rears. Auto-stoned, Rileys, and A+ all have to order the rears. I was hoping to do them this weekend..... Any ideas?
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

I use to buy all of my pads at Oreilly's off of 1187 and 157 across from the QT. I don't see why they wouldn't have them instock. They are just normal pads.
    03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Aren't the 99/01 Cobra brakes the same as the 94-98 and 03-04 Cobra Brakes?

Comment

Yeah I don't understand it either. I'll give O'Reileys a call. I don't know which brakes are interchangeable.
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Cobra front PBR's are the same from 94 till 04. BTW, the GT rear pads are the same as the cobras and may fit if you still have the GT rear calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            BTW, the GT rear pads are the same as the cobras and may fit if you still have the GT rear calipers.
            I think the thickness is different.. due to the vented rotor.

Comment

Nope. Got the rear cobra brakes with the IRS swap. And yeah, I've found that the Cobra vented brakes are slightly thicker. Thus the PITA. Found some decent ones at O'Reily's. Won't be AX'n or OT'n with them anytime soon but then again, I shouldn't need to. Thanks for the feed back.

Aggie, you going to Houston next weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                Nope. Got the rear cobra brakes with the IRS swap. And yeah, I've found that the Cobra vented brakes are slightly thicker. Thus the PITA. Found some decent ones at O'Reily's. Won't be AX'n or OT'n with them anytime soon but then again, I shouldn't need to. Thanks for the feed back.

Just get gt rear pads and rub them on the concrete to thin them up a bit
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

nah, was there yesterday beating on the Girlfriend's Camaro and running our event. Good times!!! Lots of heat!!!

Comment

Did the 99/01 Cobra brake swap on my '00 GT and now having a heck of a time finding brake pads locally. Regular fronts with vented rears. Auto-stoned, Rileys, and A+ all have to order the rears. I was hoping to do them this weekend..... Any ideas?
                    Oreilly's off I20 & Matlock
                    Originally posted by BoostedGT
                    I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
                    Originally posted by bigminz
                    Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

Working...
                    X