Those GT-40 intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
    The Explorer intakes clean up real nice. I'd be interested to see the exact weight differences between the GT40, Cobra, and Explorer intakes.

no heater, no ac, but you have the egr crap on the trottlebody still?
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
      no heater, no ac, but you have the egr crap on the trottlebody still?
      I have heat, just no AC. The EGR is in order to pass the visual inspection. It is not functional.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Weight difference? LOL... probably not much, but my money is on the tubular, floowed by the Cobra and then the Explorer.
        I feel like I heard that the tubular saved 15lbs over the others.. but that sounds outrageous to me. Still, it's something to consider (for me anyways) given its high and forward location.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
          I feel like I heard that the tubular saved 15lbs over the others.. but that sounds outrageous to me. Still, it's something to consider (for me anyways) given its high and forward location.
          I've held both before and didn't notice much of a difference. That would be a huge difference, especially since the only difference is the uppers, so all 15 pounds would have to be made up in just the upper alone.

Comment

Yeah I guess I didn't think about the application very much. I just want a typical heads/cam/intake/exhaust type of setup. Just maybe some Trick flow street heads, a mild cam, a decent intake, and some good headers. I don't want the car to shake at idle, so the cam is going to have to be mild I guess. I still want the car to be streetable daily driver. Even though I won't likely be driving it daily. I'm just not one for all that jiggling around when I'm in the car.

But, even with that setup, those are still some decent heads and I didn't want the intake to be the choke point.

Comment

Working...
            X