Starter heatsoaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter heatsoaked

Car is a 5.0 fox with jba shorty headers and offroad Hpipe. It starts just fine when cold but anytime after driving, it barely turns over. Let it cool down and starts right up. No telling how old the starter is, would it be worth it to try starter heat wrap or just throw another starter on it?

Get one of the Hi Torque starters from Summit. I put one on my 93 Coupe and you can't believe how much better it starts. You won't be sorry you did it.

Comment

Old time problem with Hiperf GM's I used to make heat shields out of baby eights. Now they have cheap header wrap!! AAAHHHH technology, I love it!

Comment

dont heat wrap it doesnt work my buddy has had to same problem. i dont know what year bronco but they use a high torque that will work

Comment

95 Bronco . Autozone has them in stock .
          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
            95 Bronco . Autozone has them in stock .
            Just a mother fucker to change with a stock K member.

Comment

Just buy the hi- torque mini-starter. You can go to Autozone and buy a stock starter for a 93 GT and you'll get the hi torque mini starter. You'll save 7 lbs and your problem will be sorted out. If youre gonna go this route, be sure and buy some socket extensions because youre gonna need some to get the top two bolts in. Good luck.

Comment

also, make sure your battery cables are good and the terminal connections are clean
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                X