EFI to carb throttle cable on a fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI to carb throttle cable on a fox?

Would the stock cable work or look like crap because of extra length? If I need a new cable which one?
    I tok the efi setup off to go with a blow through carb. It's an 87 fox.
    Thanks

To long by one for a carb fox body and you will be good. I think mine was 20 bucks from autozone or oreilly's.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I have it on my lemons car, if you want to come see what it looks like. I've also done the Lockar or however its spelled universal.it was a PIA.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I still have the efi cable on my 86 works fine.

Comment

I used an '85 cable.

Comment

I used a 4 CYL cable
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I just stick my head out the window and yell "Vroom Vroom", However Im glad you asked the question and not me. Will be going big inched and carbed in T Minus ??????? I thought I would have to hire a monkey to ride under the hood for Throttle action.

Travis
              408 roller cubes sittin on a Harbor Frieght stand

Comment

I see a lot of them using the EFI cable that's been looped around. It works, but I wouldn't do it. I would just buy the correct cable and be done with it and it wouldn't look like crap.
                68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Mine isn't that long and looks good how I set it up.

Comment

Mines been looped for 7yrs..Works fine. I even have the carbed one for it but just never put it on. Maybe this winter with the other upgrades...

Comment

Working...
                    X