Fuel pump issues...Alldata please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump issues...Alldata please?

Truck is a 95 Ram 1500 5.2l 2wd. I'll try to make it short... Felt like the truck ran out of fuel on the highway. Sputtered for about 1/4 mile then died. Yet it lost fuel and spark simultaneously(?????) I have someone come check it out, he suggests the pickup coil(goes inside distributor). I replace it and now I have spark but have no fuel still. Pump not coming on.

Question is before I spend the money on a fuel pump is there something else I should check first. I believe these trucks had an auto shutdown relay???? Could that have been triggered when pickup coil went out? Where is it located? Fuel pump relay is good inside fuse box.

Please any help is appreciated!
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

The Auto Shutdown (ASD) relay is located inside the power distribution center (PDC). The power distribution center is located at the left-hand
    rear corner of the engine compartment. Refer to PDC cover for exact placement of the relay within the PDC assembly.

Comment

That's just a five prong relay in there which tested good. If you look on autozones website they have it and it look like a weird double relay with a bracket. Oriellys is the other way around though, listing the ASD relay as the five prong and the fuel pump relay as the weird one. ???????

I'm seriously stumped guys, any help is good! Thanks for responding JimD!
      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

My response above was a c/p from alldata.

Comment

Working...
        X