timing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing issue

Here is my build. It's a 86 coupe was a 6 cyl. I put a 302 in it. The motor has a b303 camstock internals stock heads. I have the timing advanced I think. I have a vibration at high rpms low rpm in gear and driving. Should the timing be advanced or retarded I wasn't sure. Tia

A vibration? never heard of timing causing vibration. check the balancer and make sure its not coming apart, or it possibly be the driveshaft out of balance
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I didn't k now if it could be detnating or something. Isn't the driveshaft cause I still get it in nuetral just sitting. Balancer is brand new too. I am leaning towards the flywheel and or clutch as I noticed the flywheel is missing the dowels that hold the clutch. I just thought maybe it could be a timing issue cause I had it advanced and not retarded or something

Comment

Originally posted by Texasmustang View Post
        I didn't k now if it could be detnating or something. Isn't the driveshaft cause I still get it in nuetral just sitting. Balancer is brand new too. I am leaning towards the flywheel and or clutch as I noticed the flywheel is missing the dowels that hold the clutch. I just thought maybe it could be a timing issue cause I had it advanced and not retarded or something
        That sounds like the issue.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
        X