break in tune question.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break in tune question.......

i have a 00 gt that is blown and i am in the process of forging the motor. i am sticking some stage 3 patriot heads and some stage 2 blower cams on it as well. it currently has the vortech chip that the supercharger comes with on it.

my question is, can i run that chip with the cams for the break in as long as i don't get on it or get in to boost without hurting anything?

if you've got a wideband 02 gauge and the it's not running overly lean or rich you'll most likely be ok. If you don't have a wideband to monitor with, you really don't have any good way of knowing what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      if you've got a wideband 02 gauge and the it's not running overly lean or rich you'll most likely be ok. If you don't have a wideband to monitor with, you really don't have any good way of knowing what's going on.
      this, im putting a wideband on my turbo with a start-up tune so i can see what its doing

Comment

thanks guys. there goes another 500 bucks.

Comment

damn never mind they came down a lot since the last time i checked.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
            damn never mind they came down a lot since the last time i checked.
            You should have a wideband, and I think the AEM one is what I have. It wasn't too pricey at all. What I would do though is talk to your tuner. You're probably going to need a new handheld tuner, and if that's the case, I would go ahead and get it now. Have your tuner load a safe tune to use for the break-in and then go get it tuned properly.

Comment

i used to have a hand held x2 but my ex took the my old blown gt in the divorce and the hand held along with it, but i had the sct pro racer software as well, which i still have i think all i have to do is call up sct and tell them i purchased a different car and they can email me a file that will allow me to use it on my current mustang.

Comment

Working...
              X