Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 GT Problems after wreck

Got this text from a buddy...any ideas?

""My neighbor's Mustang had a box inside his passenger fender, but now it's missing since he got in a wreck. Since the wreck his valves started knocking. Does it have variable valve timing or a vacuum advance? Any dieas? It's an 03 GT."

I told him I thought there was a vacuum canister under there.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    Got this text from a buddy...any ideas?

""My neighbor's Mustang had a box inside his passenger fender, but now it's missing since he got in a wreck. Since the wreck his valves started knocking. Does it have variable valve timing or a vacuum advance? Any dieas? It's an 03 GT."

I told him I thought there was a vacuum canister under there.
    Fan and ECU relays...not fans equals overheated and boat anchor in the engine bay.

Just an idea.

Comment

Yep that box is the CCRM, constant control relay module, basically just a bunch of relays on a circuit board, IIRC, though, The GT will not run without it.

Comment

Isn't the charcoal canister behind the passengers wheel in the well? I know it was on my 96, but I'm not sure if they changed it with the redesign in 99.

Comment

I didnt think It was there, I know the ccrm is though

Comment

Originally posted by astang95 View Post
            Yep that box is the CCRM, constant control relay module, basically just a bunch of relays on a circuit board, IIRC, though, The GT will not run without it.
            Is it possible that it will run... just like crap? Or will it not run at all without it?
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
            X