67 radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 radiator

my uncle is having trouble with his radiator in his 67 stang and asked me to help him out, do yall think this is a good radiator?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

I don't know that company, but an aluminum radiator with those fans should be a huge help, these cars have such small radiators. If you go to the old four row radiator the original fan and shroud don't fit well, so the add on fans are necessary and can tax the any old electrical wiring. I never spent the coin on an aluminum because of the price. I even hacked one 67 to fit a ltd radiator, but cheap ones like that are commonplace now. If they offer any kind of warranty that would be great, but at that price, I doubt it.

edit: champion cooling has apparently been around a few years and I can't find any bad reviews, so thats a plus.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-23-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

A friend had one in a 1967 coupe with 4BBl and cam. Ran right on 160 all the time.

Comment

If the battery has been relocated a fox body radiator will easily fit.

That's what I did on my 68, the fox 3 row fits perfectly between the framerails.
        The core is the exact size of the opening in the rad support. No more air going around the sides of the radiator. It's all cooling area.
        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

I used a new brass radiator for a '65 w/289 in my Jeep since it was nearly a bolt-in and had the inlet/outlet in the right spots, cools the SBC in it without an issue. I did make a shroud for it though.

What engine is he running?

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
          X