Place to work on stuff where its cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to work on stuff where its cool

If you guys were needing to do some extended hours turning wrenches, where would you go to do it? If you didn't have an air conditioned shop I mean. Most of you probably do, would be my guess. I used to, but now its been turned into a storage building cause I wasn't the owner. I was just wondering if maybe one of you would think of something I didn't. Can you like... rent shop space temporarily or something? Hey you never know...

Grow a pair... I turn wrenches for 8+ hours a day in a hot ass shop. Working on my own junk at home is no different except I can have a beer or five while doing it.

Comment

buy yourself a nice fan and get to work! i work outside 40+ hours a week now thats a bitch

suck it up........

Comment

I do the same... a little sweat never hurt anybody

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          Grow a pair... I turn wrenches for 8+ hours a day in a hot ass shop. Working on my own junk at home is no different except I can have a beer or five while doing it.
          x2

Comment

Heck while I worked the front end of my truck I just laid under it for shade! I was in the driveway BTW!
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Same as all these guys. I am in a shop all day with no a/c. Although we have a few fans, it still gets super hot in there.

Comment

Its already been said,but suck it up. Thankfully i get off at 2:30 where i can work on homework til it gets hotter or nap to work much later. Thinking of investing in a shade type setup for front of garage opening

Comment

just get a big ass fan. I have a 2 & 1/2 ft. diameter fan. keeps the air moving. feels ok
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

it's all about the fans!
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

fans make a huge ass difference, this is my first year with them and its much improved
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I've worked on my car in 115* and 25* - - you just gotta keep hydrated(or warm in the winter). Fans make a huge difference.

At one time I had a large window unit on a cart that I could roll up to the passenger door and vent some cool air into the cabin. That was greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          I've worked on my car in 115* and 25* - - you just gotta keep hydrated(or warm in the winter). Fans make a huge difference.

At one time I had a large window unit on a cart that I could roll up to the passenger door and vent some cool air into the cabin. That was greatness.
                          Not credible information. You know since it has been in project stage for what 10 years or so. I mean how much work could you have done??? LOL

I was under the Galaxie the other day pulling the tank and shocks and it was a 102 out. My wife said WTH and I said the same as above that hell just the shade was nice.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            Not credible information. You know since it has been in project stage for what 10 years or so. I mean how much work could you have done??? LOL
                            Ass. LOL, I didn't realize I had to clarify which car I was working on.

I was referring to working on the mustang. The A/C+cart was actually my boss's setup that we had to work on a BMW 850 that needed some interior work. After the Bimmer was done I rolled it over to the shed that my 87 GT was in.

Comment

You want to work on the car in the cold wait until winter, then when you say it's too cold wait for summer again. You want to work on your car in the summer and have it cooler, start about 2 am and go until sun up. If you want to spend some change get a porta-cool, it'll drop the air temp 15-20 degrees directly infront of it, don't use it with water on real humid days though.

Comment

Working...
                              X