Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding A/C to LSx Mustang that was gutted. Best options for choosing/locating parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    It's a orifice tube there about $1.25 and very easy to replace. Just get a new one. The new reciever dryer you get comes with a rubber hose built on so the only hose you'll need is the condenser to evap core hose and the compressor to condenser. You can get a stock style parallel flow condener on the web or ebay and it bolts right in with no mods although I would imagine your brackets for the condenser are missing if the condenser is missing. The control head needs to be swapped with one that has a/c. If yours doesnt someone just swapped in a control head without a/c. There's probably no need to add any vacuum lines because most people dont rip them out.
    Car was completely gutted, no stock wiring, controls, vacuum lines, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      Car was completely gutted, no stock wiring, controls, vacuum lines, etc.
      I should've read it a little better. I just now realized it was an lsx swap lol.

Comment

Went through a bunch of 00 camaro stuff we had at the shop, I have a tensioner, comp, lines and a condenser if you're still looking, dont really know if that stuff will work, but i have it if you need it.

Comment

50resto has a kit for $700

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
            Went through a bunch of 00 camaro stuff we had at the shop, I have a tensioner, comp, lines and a condenser if you're still looking, dont really know if that stuff will work, but i have it if you need it.
            Is all of it in Ok?

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              50resto has a kit for $700
              700 for lsx to 5.0 ac stuff?

Comment

It is all in OK.

Comment

Working...
                X