Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door panel issues

Quick run down:

A buddy of mine who is deployed asked me to replace the window motor/regulator on his '01 Durango. That was fine. Yesterday I went to re-install the interior door panel (passenger front). Before I installed any of the fasteners, I tried to run the door lock and door handle (interior and exterior) through just to make sure shit was kosher. It wasn't. Yes, I had the right rods installed in the right spots on the door panel (on this particular truck, the bottom rod goes to the lock and the top to the interior handle) and yes I had the plug for the door lock switch plugged in. For whatever reason, though, when I install the door panel, the lock rod and door handle rod are getting stuck and won't actuate. I can't exactly see or feel what's going on, so I'm trying to get any suggestions from those who have run in to this situation before.

All you fools on this website that can build motors with your eyes closed can't lend some advice to something miniscule like an interior door panel? Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by -D- View Post
      All you fools on this website that can build motors with your eyes closed can't lend some advice to something miniscule like an interior door panel? Shame.
      So let's get this right - you are a newb from SD asking a question about a Dodge on a mustang site And getting pissy about it?

Post tits and get the fuck out.

Comment

Dude you prolly just jammed the lock rod under the panel cover.

It's not that difficult to backtrack your work and find the issue, unless you just tore it all apart and are asking us to do the guess work, which doesn't happen here.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          So let's get this right - you are a newb from SD asking a question about a Dodge on a mustang site And getting pissy about it?

Post tits and get the fuck out.
          I had over 10,000 posts on DFWStangs.net and registered on this site once I found out what happened over there. I'm far from a new, dick. I moved from Texas to South Dakota because the Air Force made me do so. So fuck you very much.

Let me look through my hard drive for the tit pictures your wife sent me, then I'll post them. I might hang around a while after that.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
            Dude you prolly just jammed the lock rod under the panel cover.

It's not that difficult to backtrack your work and find the issue, unless you just tore it all apart and are asking us to do the guess work, which doesn't happen here.
            I understand what you're saying. Thanks for not being an ass.

Comment

I had over 10,000 posts on DFWStangs.net and registered on this site once I found out what happened over there. I'm far from a new, dick. I moved from Texas to South Dakota because the Air Force made me do so. So fuck you very much.

Let me look through my hard drive for the tit pictures your wife sent me, then I'll post them. I might hang around a while after that.
              Well..... you do talk like you've been here before.
              And if you have been around here that long, you know that the shit talking is S.O.P. Most people that were on the old site went and retrieved their post count to help identify who's new and who's not. There's a sticky in the back porch to have the Admin adjust your count.

BTW, Is this " D " that was stationed at Dyess with the red 96-98 S/C Cobra with the aftermarket black/red seats? If so, you were living in one of the apartments right next to me.

Sorry, no wife here - so if you've got pics of somebody's wife you think is mine, I'd probably like to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                Well..... you do talk like you've been here before.
                And if you have been around here that long, you know that the shit talking is S.O.P. Most people that were on the old site went and retrieved their post count to help identify who's new and who's not. There's a sticky in the back porch to have the Admin adjust your count.

BTW, Is this " D " that was stationed at Dyess with the red 96-98 S/C Cobra with the aftermarket black/red seats? If so, you were living in one of the apartments right next to me.

Sorry, no wife here - so if you've got pics of somebody's wife you think is mine, I'd probably like to see them.
                I remember your black GMC Sierra. I knew who this was before I made my post.

I left Abilene in Feb '10 to move to Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City. I sold that Cobra in June 2010 to a guy that lives in Cisco who retired from the Air Force, so you may see it around town at some point if you're still in Abilene. Right now it's sitting at a buddy's house because he blew the motor.

I'll have to PM the admin to get my shit squared away.

Comment

Just look on the old site for the #, then post it here:
                  Alright, well I am still getting a ton of post count requests, so post your join date and post count in here if you want them updated. PLEASE do not PM me the info, if you do, I will just ask for you to put them in this thread. Thanks, Tyler

Comment

Thank you, sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X