(&^%&*(^ Expedition.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (&^%&*(^ Expedition.....

AH...crap ever have the car you want to burn but the damn thing is paid for...

98 Expedition 5.4l, driving engine stalls and quits, pull of to the shoulder and get it to restart, twice this happens finially get it home...

Theft light is flashing and now she wont start. Tryed the second key and its still a no go.. So I know fords passive security system will probly cost me a crap load to have fixed at the dealership, can I bypass it or add a stand alone after market system to get it working again, or any other thoughts?

Thanks
    CHad

If pats is the problem, maybe you can put a tuner on it and turn off pats.

Comment

If it has dashes across the odometer you need to put a new pcm relay in it. I do them all the time. The pats system won't usually mess up after the truck is runnning.

Comment

Odometer is anolog in this one....

Comment

We spent so much money trying to figure out it the pats on my mom's 98' expedition. Didn't think in 98 they had pats. I was wrong.
          2 Chronicles 7:14
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Right...they switched to digital in 99. I would still swap the pcm relay for a known good one. The 98's have a break out switch on the lock cylinder that goes bad. I would replace it also. That is the only antitheft on 98 besides the perimeter alarm.

Comment

What's the little transmitter/receiver piece where you insert the key? I just replaced it on my mustang and it solved my issues that were similar.

Comment

Working...
              X