5.0 Coyote in SN95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0 Coyote in SN95

Just wondering if anyone has done this swap and what all it takes. I am getting ready to purchase the crate motor, wiring harness and computer, and the alternator kit, and needing to know if there is anything else to throw in?

Throw in a termy shortblock. That is all

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
      why only make 300rwhp.

Comment

Coyote > termy...

You may need a new k member. I know you do for the fox conversions, but not sure on the SN95's.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I havent seen a Coyote swap into a SN95 yet, but there is a build ghread on SVTP for that swap into a 86 coupe. Neat car and it makes 400rw all motor.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
            Coyote > termy...

You may need a new k member. I know you do for the fox conversions, but not sure on the SN95's.
            I wouldnt go that far. I've got a SN95 with a Termy setup and I havent had a Coyote car come even remotely close in a race yet. Not to say their isn't fast ones out there, just very few and far inbetween still. Especially with those Coyote motors eating #8 pistons with only a tune.

Comment

Especially with those Coyote motors eating #8 pistons with only a tune.
              From everything I've read though, the tunes that are making the #8 eat itself must be some Shitty Ass tunes. For every car i've seen with #8 issues, there are at least 10 others with tunes and no issues...

It would be nice if the ones with issues would post who did their tune so other would know to stay away from those tuners...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

From everything I've read though, the tunes that are making the #8 eat itself must be some Shitty Ass tunes. For every car i've seen with #8 issues, there are at least 10 others with tunes and no issues...

It would be nice if the ones with issues would post who did their tune so other would know to stay away from those tuners...
                So do you have any personal experience with owning either a Terminator or a Coyote car?

Comment

So do you have any personal experience with owning either a Terminator or a Coyote car?
                  Never owned a Termy, but know people that do.

Sig Check... I own a 2012 Coyote...

Comment

Never owned a Termy, but know people that do.

Sig Check... I own a 2012 Coyote...
                    I don't have sigs turned on so I didn't see that.

I'm just wondering on what basis you can say the Coyote motor is superior to that 03/04 shortblock which has been proven many times to be reliable at 1000rw+ with stock internals and block?

You wanna race my stockblocked car?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      I do.

Comment

You will need a k member for a mod motor and the bellhousing must have a mod motor pattern. Otherwise it should bolt directly in. Also bbk is offering swap headers for and fox that will also work for an sn95 car.

Comment

Did I say that my Coyote is faster than anyones termi or termi based motor?
                          The coyote block will handle just as much, if not more power than the Termi.
                          The coyote heads are way better than the termy heads.

Not saying the Termis aren't bad ass, because they are!
                          Just saying there is more potential with the coyote.

Took a blower to make 390hp in the Termi. Coyote makes 412hp NA, With a blower and relatively low boost, over 600hp.

How much boost does it take for a Termi to make 600?

My OPINION is the Coyote is a better motor than the Termi...

Comment

Did I say that my Coyote is faster than anyones termi or termi based motor?
                            The coyote block will handle just as much, if not more power than the Termi.
                            The coyote heads are way better than the termy heads.

Not saying the Termis aren't bad ass, because they are!
                            Just saying there is more potential with the coyote.

Took a blower to make 390hp in the Termi. Coyote makes 412hp NA, With a blower and relatively low boost, over 600hp.

How much boost does it take for a Termi to make 600?

My OPINION is the Coyote is a better motor than the Termi...
                            Calm down, just a discussion. lol.

The internals of your car will not handle the same amount of power as a stock 03/04 Cobra motor will.

Yes, the Coyote motor makes great power, but it's power potential in stock form is not near as good.

Comment

Originally posted by stangbangr View Post
                              Just wondering if anyone has done this swap and what all it takes. I am getting ready to purchase the crate motor, wiring harness and computer, and the alternator kit, and needing to know if there is anything else to throw in?
                              Wow sounds like an expensive build. What tranny are you going with? Cause that is the next weak point in the Coyote /6sp right?
                              WRX

Comment

Working...
                              X