Best Battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
    Batteries go through a chemical process as the electrons flow through the electrolyte/acid solution and between the plates. Due to the acid content an overstressed battery begins to build lead sulfate on the plates. As you charge the battery th lead sulfate converts back to its normal state. When a battery is repeatedly drained and charged it makes it harder for this process to reverse. Some of the lead sulfate remains on the plates increasing the resistance to electrical current flow thus lowering you cranking amp output. In the same manner some of it shluffs off and settels to the bottom. When enough builds up that it bridges between two cells(plates) it shorts out the battery.
    I don't know if this product works or not but I'm going to try it out:
    Pulse Tech Power Pulse PP-12-L

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      I don't know if this product works or not but I'm going to try it out:
      Pulse Tech Power Pulse PP-12-L
      http://helios.pulsetech.net/cgi/hsru...I&Itno=735X012
      They work. At one time corporate had a partnership with Pulse Tech and we used to carry them. For some reason (pissing contest) they parted ways. They still have an engineering office in town and every once in a while the guys come in and let me know about new products and what not, just to touch base. When I did carry them, people raved about them and never had one come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        They work. At one time corporate had a partnership with Pulse Tech and we used to carry them. For some reason (pissing contest) they parted ways. They still have an engineering office in town and every once in a while the guys come in and let me know about new products and what not, just to touch base. When I did carry them, people raved about them and never had one come back.
        Based in Southlake.
        How many do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          Based in Southlake.
          How many do you want?
          I can still buy from them independently, I just don't stock them anymore. I just order what I need on an as needed basis.

Comment

Interstate
            2 Chronicles 7:14
            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Diehard platinum..
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I'd go Duralast Gold from Autozone. Even they aren't the "best" battery, they do have the best warranty, which is more important to me. 3 year free replacement/8 year pro-rated for a daily is really nice. With the cold/heat we get here, 3 years is about all you can ask from a battery. I've had them in all my cars, and never paid full price for a new one yet.

Comment

Autozone will screw with you on the warranty, walmart however is free replacement no questions asked.

Comment

BEST Battery is the Walmart battery. Go buy one now and put it in your car.

In 18-23 months, take the battery back in and tell the clerk it will not start your car. They'll give you a NEW battery with a NEW Receipt and this new receipt restarts their TWO YEAR Battery warranty without being pro-rated.

Last battery you'll have to buy if you do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                      Autozone will screw with you on the warranty, walmart however is free replacement no questions asked.
                      I've never had an issue, and I have 3 right now. Just replaced the one in the '05 Accord, and it was a little more than 3 years old (38 months), and got a new one for $46.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                        BEST Battery is the Walmart battery. Go buy one now and put it in your car.

In 18-23 months, take the battery back in and tell the clerk it will not start your car. They'll give you a NEW battery with a NEW Receipt and this new receipt restarts their TWO YEAR Battery warranty without being pro-rated.

Last battery you'll have to buy if you do this.
                        exactly, no autozone monkey telling you about how long it has to sit on the charger and how he just had to add water to the battery that says maintenence free on top.

Comment

My '06 has gone through 2 Motorcraft batteries since I bought it new. Both developed bad cells in the heat of the Texas summer. I drive my car daily, but it may sit for a day or two at most over the weekend. I was looking at the Optima (not that I really needed something that rugged anyway), but then read they were bought out and outsourced in 2009 (I think) and weren't the same quality. I put a Duralast Gold in last week as they seemed to be pretty decent from what I could find. We'll see how it does.
                          Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            I've never had an issue, and I have 3 right now. Just replaced the one in the '05 Accord, and it was a little more than 3 years old (38 months), and got a new one for $46.
                            thats right because they dont screw with you on the warranty... unless you get that one prick in the store thats straight by the books...
                            1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Optima Red top birth day 06/21/2009. Date of death 08/22/11. I noticed my Bronco was having a starting issue after it had been drivin a bit. I parked one day and noticed a better parking spot and it wouldnt crank up again. Killed the AC and it cranked. Been doing this about a month so I figured it was just an older starter. Put a new starter on it while I was changing the O2 sensor(15 minute job)and it did the same thing. Whipped out the ole voltmeter and it was holding a nice 11.72. I will say this though. Costco had the replacement battery which was 1050/880 CCA for cheaper than anyone else. It also has a 7 year warranty with 36 month free of charge replacement. Battery was 82.00 before all the fees and crap. Put in the new battery and bam the beast lit right off with autostart and the AC on. Walmarts lower CCA battery was 89.00.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X