would you replace your tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
    Damn your car must have tons of problems with all these threads you post!

Btw

I have a complete t-56 swap forsale
    I HAVE TWO STANGS FUCK STICK.
    01 VORTECH CAR NEEDS SHOCKS AND POSSIBLY SPRINGS HAS A GANSTA LEAN
    NEEDED BRAKES AND PLUGS DID THAT OVER THE WEEK END.
    AND NEEDS THIS TRANNY ISUE RESOLVED. OTHER THAN THAT ITS GOOD.

90 5.0 BOUGHT WITH GOOD HEADS CAM INTACKE YADDA YADDA YADDA BUT HAD A BLOWN MOTOR SO I PAID $2500

PICKED UP A SHORT BLOCK PAID A SHOP TOO MUCH TO TRANSFER EVERTHING OVER, TURNS OUT SHORT BLOCK WAS BAD.

PAID A FRIEND TO SWAP EVERYTHING TO ANOTHER SHORT BLOCK WITH 0 MILES AND HE GOT CLOSE BUT LEFT A FEW THINGS TO BE SORTED. STILL GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH. IT IS NOW IN ANOTHER SHOP WITH A GUY MAKING IT TURN , TUNE AND ALL. SHITTY THING IS I BOUGHT IN AUGUST AND HAVE DRIVEN IT LESS THAN 10 MILES BUT ILL BE ONE HAPPY MOFO WHEN ITS ALL DONE. NAME A PEFROMANCE PART ITS DONE MINUS ANY BOOST OR GIGGLE GAS BUT SOON TO COME IM SURE

Comment

Originally posted by whiteboy View Post
      damn your car must have tons of problems with all these threads you post!

Btw

i have a complete t-56 swap forsale
      oh and pm the price sir so these voltures dont steal the deal

Comment

Originally posted by lone sailor View Post
        well i'm about to take my t45 to slim and have him work it over. I have a couple of friends with mostly stock 2v's that have similar problems as i am having now(only theirs have a lot less power). It has been howling for awhile now, kinda like it has an eaton under the hood or something, then it started getting harder and harder to get it into gear, any gear, and that is just regular daily driving/shifting type action. The car is sitting in the garage about to get the transmission ripped out and upgraded a bit as it is now causing a nasty vibration throughout the entire car. Fun fun!!

Haven't had much chatter, but then again i have a spec clutch and they're either engaged or not, there's really no in between with them.

Car is a 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 with some bolt on's and an sct tune. Putting up right around 300 to the wheels with the pi cams(have better cams just haven't installed them). And all i drive around on is street tires so it's not the torque from sticky tires tearing up the transmission on mine.
        how much is slim chargin and when he rebuilds is it stronger or the same. Yeah mine is probably fucked from this being the first year i'd ever been to the track and ive been doggin the shit out of it week in and week out at the track

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
          how much is slim chargin and when he rebuilds is it stronger or the same. Yeah mine is probably fucked from this being the first year i'd ever been to the track and ive been doggin the shit out of it week in and week out at the track
          You can have him do a standard rebuild on it or he can beef it up if you wish, just depends on how much you want to spend. As far as price I believe he prices them all per application. Just send him a PM.

Comment

There is not a whole lot available when it comes to T45 units. You pretty much have to use OEM parts on the rebuilds. You can upgrade things like the fork pads, shift keys and syncro rings but thats about it. Gear wise, OEM is about all you can use and those parts new are no longer available most of the time. If you plan on keeping the car, upgrade to a T56 and roll the fuck on.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
              There is not a whole lot available when it comes to T45 units. You pretty much have to use OEM parts on the rebuilds. You can upgrade things like the fork pads, shift keys and syncro rings but thats about it. Gear wise, OEM is about all you can use and those parts new are no longer available most of the time. If you plan on keeping the car, upgrade to a T56 and roll the fuck on.
              subscribing.... are you a good contact for such things?

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                subscribing.... are you a good contact for such things?
                Yeah I guess you could say that.....

You can get a Cobra T56 swap for about $1500 used and its a direct fit in your car. In fact, I think I seen Whiteboy advertising this exact swap for $1500.

Comment

Working...
                X