No announcement yet.

A/C Cluth rapid cycling cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really need to see what both are the pressures are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
      You really need to see what both are the pressures are doing.
      x2, the low side pressure should be closer to 30psi at full load (1500 or so rpm with the a/c blasting and compressor engaged). Ambient temperatures are a factor but they affect the high side more than the low side. The low side is what determines the temperature in the evaporator housing though, which is where your cold air comes from. If you are seeing 50psi on the low side I bet the high side is 350+ and it's kicking the high pressure cutoff switch.

If you can duplicate the concern in your driveway take a water hose to the condenser, this will immediately drop the high side pressures down 50-100 psi.

Comment

I think it may have been over-serviced (my doing). I bled the pressure back down to what the ambient temp chart showed it should be and today, it seems to be operating perfectly normal. I am going to have the whole system checked out on Tuesday (leaks, servicing, etc.).

Thanks everyone for the help and advice.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
        X