Blow Off Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow Off Valve

I know this isn't the classified forum but I figured I would get more exposure here (Mods feel free to move/delete if necessary).

We'll let it slide this time, but probably needs more info.

Also, what size tubing do you need it to connect to?

I need a blow off valve for a blow through system. It need to have a flange with an input tube that I can connect using a coupler as my tubing already has a barbed outlet tube (about 1" diameter) welded in. If possible I need this today or tomorrow afternoon at the least so that I can make it out to the cruise at Northstar Saturday.

Feel free to text/call me at 972-365-2753 if I am not on here. Matt

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      Also, what size tubing do you need it to connect to?
      I believe it is a 1" tube. What other info would you need?

Comment

If you need one quick the bypass valve from a 2001 vw turbo (jetta, bug, pasat) with the 1.8L will work pretty good. The have a 1" inlet and outlet. Go to autozone and get some 1" heater hose or radiator hose and use that to couple it to your existing 1" barb. They will handle 20+ lbs of boost no problem a, react quickly, and most vw dealers should have them in stock. I've used them before with success.
        89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Stroked87 View Post
          I believe it is a 1" tube. What other info would you need?
          So, You're looking for a bypass valve, not a blow off valve?

You say blowthrough that can mean two things - either blowthrough a MAF, or blowthrough a carb.

Most BOV's will have a flange that welds to a tube which can be 2-4" in diameter and are normally vented to the atmosphere. (few are recirculated, but can be done)

Most bypass valves are not mounted to anything and have a small hose on BOTH sides of it.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
            So, You're looking for a bypass valve, not a blow off valve?

You say blowthrough that can mean two things - either blowthrough a MAF, or blowthrough a carb.

Most BOV's will have a flange that welds to a tube which can be 2-4" in diameter and are normally vented to the atmosphere. (few are recirculated, but can be done)

Most bypass valves are not mounted to anything and have a small hose on BOTH sides of it.
            Sorry guys, I am still fairly new to the turbo build and lingo.

It is a blowthrough a MAF, not carb.

So if it is an outlet and not a flange then I do not need a BOV and just need a Bypass Valve?

Comment

Here are some pics of the outlet I am talking about, maybe this will help clear it up and make it easier for you guys to answer my question instead of me trying to fumble around with a description. BTW, Thanks for your help!

Comment

And this is the complete setup:

Comment

Looks like the one described above that VW, Volvo, etc use would work. If yo are going to the cruise, I think I have one in my garage I can throw in the car for ya. Jut need to dig it out. It's one I had on my SVO.
                  Just let me know. I will be home about 4 also. Ft Worth side near the Naw.
                  John
                  86 SVO

Comment

John I think I bought a 86 svo from you a few years ago. If stroked doesn't want the bypass valve ill take it off your hands if your gonna be at the cruise.
                    89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast4 View Post
                      Looks like the one described above that VW, Volvo, etc use would work. If yo are going to the cruise, I think I have one in my garage I can throw in the car for ya. Jut need to dig it out. It's one I had on my SVO.
                      Just let me know. I will be home about 4 also. Ft Worth side near the Naw.
                      John
                      Well, I went and bought one from the VW dealership before I saw that you had posted this. Although I am sure I spent way to much on it, it was still cheaper then the BOVs I was looking at and did the trick. It was amazing the difference it made. Now I need to work out a few other little bugs to try and get out to the cruise tonight. BTW, 1fast4 how much do you want for it?

Also, thanks for all the help guys!!

Comment

Working...
                      X