spark plug gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug gap

I could of sworn 35 was right. Its an 01 gt with a vortech blower and 60 lb injectors. Blower guys, does that sound right. Oh and they are tr6's

Google

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

What spark plugs should I use with a Vortech supercharger system?

Always utilize the stock specified heat range for street legal applications. For continuous heavy-duty racing, off road use only, use one heat range colder than stock and reduce the gap to 0.032 to .040". (NOTE: the gap requirement varies per the application and intended use). It is suggested that you follow the manufacturers suggested recommendation for spark plugs. Do not use platinum plugs, as they are considered long life spark plugs and are not performance spark plugs. For higher performance engines, consult the spark plug manufacturers for their specific suggestions.)

Comment

Well hell. I lost travis's number and gearheads didn't answer so I'm screwed. I guess I'll just have to let out if I hear it detonating. Mike are you going to spring creek?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...ed%20Questions
          What spark plugs should I use with a Vortech supercharger system?

Always utilize the stock specified heat range for street legal applications. For continuous heavy-duty racing, off road use only, use one heat range colder than stock and reduce the gap to 0.032 to .040". (NOTE: the gap requirement varies per the application and intended use). It is suggested that you follow the manufacturers suggested recommendation for spark plugs. Do not use platinum plugs, as they are considered long life spark plugs and are not performance spark plugs. For higher performance engines, consult the spark plug manufacturers for their specific suggestions.)
          So, this suggestion from Vortech(who produced the supercharger) isn't correct?

Comment

I'd run them at .030.

Comment

anywhere from .028-.035 depending on the rest of your system

.030 is what i have had good success with.

Comment

In refrenece to vortech's recommendation, I didn't say its not correct. Its a big window between 32 and 40. I was pinging pretty bad last night so I'm going to re gap them today at 30 and see if that helps

Comment

I'm lost on this deal. The car made 450 on a tune that was not safe at all and I blew that motor up. My fault for telling them I wanted every hp squeezed out. Now this tune that I've had on the car for over a year yields just a smidge over 400 rwhp and suppose to way on the safe side. I swapped the plugs with tr6's last night and gapped them at 35. Its hit or miss. Sometimes the car feels real good and other times it detonating its ass off so I let out of it but it would still pull if I stayed in it. Last night on the way home it feel REAL good and I couldn't hear any detonation even though I heard it on the way up there that same day. I got a few good pulls in and then all of a sudden it would be making power and then cut out and hesitate and then start pulling again so I let out and didn't get in it again. Today o pulled the plugs to gap to 30 instead and they already appear white ish??? Is this normal or an indicator of an issue? I have 60 lb injectors and a boost a pump so I think its getting plenty of fuel but another issue I have is my fuel gauge. I thought it was unrelated and pu a new sensor on it but its doing the same thing. The fuel pressure, according to my gauge fluctuates from 40 to 60+ psi during cruising and decceration. I'm curious if my sub box in the trunk which is not mounted, may have damaged the boost a pump? Any thoughts on all this shit I just blabbed.

Comment

I know there are several typos in there but I'm on a dumbphone.

Comment

Sounds fuel related !!!!
                      2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                      Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                      Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                      Speedlogix Catch Can
                      Resonator Delete

Comment

I can't tell if you are being serious or joking. Lmk

Comment

Seriously sounds fuel related.

My guess would be something to do with the BAP, but I don't know enough about them to tell you what to check.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                            I can't tell if you are being serious or joking. Lmk
                            Being serious
                            2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                            Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                            Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                            Speedlogix Catch Can
                            Resonator Delete

Comment

I tried to call true street but they didn't answer so I'll have to try back later

Comment

Working...
                              X