No announcement yet.

More Choices For My New Motor????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acc brackets are also something to check . My 85 Capri has no issues with the 351 under the stock hood . My 86 LX hood hits the a/c bracket on the stock hood and I had to exstend the upper radiator hose around the back of the alternator . The stocker doesn't fit so it has a cowel hood now . I would much rather have the stock hood but I like the 351 power allot more then I care about the hood . Both those motors have Air-Gap intakes . My 85 GT has a 6" cowel so no problems going over the Windsor .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

But am I right to say that a 351w will bolt in and bolt right to a T5?
      That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_SHANE View Post
        i think so. pm dumpy he has done a few im sure he can answer everything you need to know

Comment

Yes Shane . It will bolt right up with the same mounts and trans but you will have to get a flywheel and balancer that is balanced at 28 oz . If you want ps/ac you can get the FMS adapter bracket and use the Mustang alternator bracket and accesories . The intake is different from the 302 as well as the distributor , oil pan and headers but other then that its the same as the 5.0 just so much better . I have 5 foxes and 3 are Windsors because I am a torque junkie !
          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Can you run truck acc brackets?
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Can you run truck acc brackets?
              They will fit as long as you have the whole set but I am not sure on hood clearance . You could also use an early v-belt setup or a March pulley set . It all depends on what accesories you want . I like the fox stuff because its easy to find , cheap and when you just run an alt. its one bracket with 3 bolts .
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Good to know because I have a 351w sitting over at a buddy's house that was given to me. I need to put it to use!
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

After you drive a fox with a 351 or bigger motor (as long as it runs right) you probably wont want another 302 . It takes all the cool factors of the fox and amplifies them and it's just as easy to do if you are converting to a v8 .
                  Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Well it looks like a 351w is going to be my daddy on this one.

Im looking to run an alt and P/S...
                    That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Comment

Well it looks like a 351w is going to be my daddy on this one.

Im looking to run an alt and P/S...
                      Does this mean you don't want the 2.3 ? LOL
                      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

LOL If I could ever get down there I would still pick it up. Dam my 6 days a week at work. Well and not owning a truck.

Comment

Working...
                        X