Hood scoop opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood scoop opinions

Planning on putting this one on it and then eventually gonna make it functional. It is perfect where it would bolt on and then I could trim between the hood supports for some nice flow in the rear into the compartment. Eventually I could fab up some carbon fiber plates with hoses going to a sealed off breather. Not planning on molding it in just bolting it on with a small gasket and painting it to match so there is no major fiberglass work. Kinda like the car white but also kinda thinking de chromed with silver on the body and black on the hood solid then two stripes or one over the rear. If I keep it that is. LOL Just finished the complete front end rebuild from hell so she is driving pretty nice.

Scoop
    0%
    No scoop
    0%
    Whos your Daddy?

No scoop IMO, looks too Joe Dirt with it.

Comment

I've always been a scoop guy. I say go for it.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

kinda like the scoop! you got that thing looking good last time i saw the thing it has 10 inches of dust on it lol

Comment

Always been a fan of the scoops on those...
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I say use the scoop then we put a Boss 9 under it to match !
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Some food for thought . I don't like the grill but the rest is good . Like the breather for the scoop to .
              Last edited by dumpycapri85; 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM.
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Hood scoops are cool. Its been 30 years since the 80s & lord knows this country could stand to go back in time from now.
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                And while his kidney stones pass,
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

ONLY IF YOU REALLY DO MAKE IT FUNCTIONAL. Would look bitchin
                  2011 GT, 300A Rapid Spec. 6spd, 3.73 gears. Best 1/8th mile:09/10/2011 8.35@86

Comment

Tommorrow morning this is going to happen. LOL Lets hope my dad doesnt assist me in loosing a finger. Hell it couldnt hurt to have some fresh air in there to vent out the headers.

I can not imagine putting one on and not making it functional. Thats all I need is a big ass sail on the hood. I think when its mounted down its gonna look better. Should produce two nice 6x6 air passages between the supports. Then I will fabricate something later when Jim builds me this motor he keeps taking about. LOL
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Would love to show you on the car butttt the place that did the new pan must have rolled the rear pan gasket as it had a bit of a leak so the car is hoodless. Howeverr it came out well. I may have some aluminum boxes fabbed up for the holes with recessed areas for water drain and then run the hoses into a sealed airbox. Still havent decided to glass it or not. My dad uses this damn re enforced boat fiberglass that is like steel and he sure wants to glass it on. LOL Or I may build a a gasket for it. It sealed up fairly decent though and should move plenty of air.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I would just go with a gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                          I would just go with a gasket.
                          Yeah I think so too, or just maybe some glue between it and the hood. I know its on there good but not found of the fiberglass work for the mounts. Not sure how I would feel about it being sucked off the hood at speed. LOL
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I like it, a lot!
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I'm glad that little bird suggested it . LOL Not to be a dick but I think in the straight on looking pic the scoop is off to the right about 1/16 . I could be wrong , maybe its just the pic .
                              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X