Electric water Pump sbf 302?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric water Pump sbf 302?s

Just trying to scrounge as much power as I can, and I already have a short belt, and was thinking of going electric water pump.

How much power/drag would I free up?

I know a lot of people are against e w/p for daily use, but I drive at most 15 miles a day so i dont see it being to big of an issue.

Also what brands are better then others? Which have you used and had good results? Which have had bad results?

Are the motors replaceable/rebuildable or do you replace the whole pump/housing when it croaks?

How would you route the belt? Seems like you'd need an idler pulley to run from the crank to the alt. I currently have the a/c compressor on the car, the hoses are shot but everything else in the system worked fine so I really don't want to delete it. But at the same time, this summer with no a/c wasn't all that bad.

Any suggestions?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

here we go again

Comment

Cue Eddie Rabbit:

Looking for more power in all the wrong places...

Comment

Just add juice if you haven't yet!

Comment

pretty sure you can buy a camshaft for what the water pump will cost, crack the topend open and fix your horsepower problems there first

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            pretty sure you can buy a camshaft for what the water pump will cost, crack the topend open and fix your horsepower problems there first
            Looking at an explorer swap, 1.7rr and possibly an anderson cam.

Was going to add this to the swap, power is power there is no right or wrong place to add it.

Sure I can spray it, I can also spray it with an e w/p.

I need to do a 3G upgrade anyways.

Comment

What they mean by power in wrong places is cost efficient power. Bang for the buck. U will not free up that much from a water pump. But im sure u know that and ur head is spinning 100 mph bc ur not sure what you want to do next.
              1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                What they mean by power in wrong places is cost efficient power. Bang for the buck. U will not free up that much from a water pump. But im sure u know that and ur head is spinning 100 mph bc ur not sure what you want to do next.
                Dr phil?

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                  Things have came up and I'm leaning towards an explorer swap with a cam. If you go a diff route I may snag that cam from you or I'll do some looking around. Or keep my stock cam.

E water pump isn't cost effective, neither are e fans. But I did notice my car made rpm considerly faster after I did them. I'm not looking for peak hp dyno numbers.

Comment

as much as your gonna speed on explorer cam you can get a letter cam for about the same used!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                      Dr phil?
                      Dr. Jones =)
                      1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                        as much as your gonna speed on explorer cam you can get a letter cam for about the same used!
                        Lol not going to use a explorer cam, explorer swap WITH a cam. And no I will not use a letter cam.

Comment

whats wrong with letter cam on a stock motor?

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                            whats wrong with letter cam on a stock motor?
                            Stock e7 heads lack exhaust flow, why put a square cam in? Exhaust biased or go 1.6 intake 1.7 exhaust.

Help get that spent air out.

Comment

like your really gonna notice that. im running 1.7 with a ecam

Comment

Working...
                              X