1999 F350 Door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 F350 Door locks

Got a 99 f350 and the door locks don't work. I've searched the interwebs but all the fixes say actuators. Well I "fixed" one actuator and still got nothing. They don't move, they don't twitch, they don't even make a click. Anyone got any ideas? Anyone know where the lock relay may be? Don't have manual so I can't look it up.

TIA
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

What does "fixed" mean? Did you replace the actuator with a new one? Does the actuator function if you give it 12V?
    That ford actuator (F250, 350, excursion, etc) has a high failure rate and we replace them all the time.

Comment

Power dist box fuse 26 (20 amp)

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
        What does "fixed" mean? Did you replace the actuator with a new one? Does the actuator function if you give it 12V?
        That ford actuator (F250, 350, excursion, etc) has a high failure rate and we replace them all the time.
        My Bronco's were out and I just changed them with aftermarket and re did the mounts. Took me 30 minutes a side and they work great. Plus I could change one in 5 minutes now and they are super cheap to buy. Fords are like 80 bucks.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          True, and no I didn't give them 12v I dunno why I didn't think to do that before I put them back in door... arg.

The "fix" involves dismantling the actuator and replacing a little plate in the motor. Its a common fix on the powerstroke forums, unfortunately, its also their only fix that comes up on a search. After doing this fix and still not getting any movement from either lock I believe the problem lies else where.

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          Power dist box fuse 26 (20 amp)
          Thanks!! Is this the one in the cab or under hood?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            My Bronco's were out and I just changed them with aftermarket and re did the mounts. Took me 30 minutes a side and they work great. Plus I could change one in 5 minutes now and they are super cheap to buy. Fords are like 80 bucks.
            I don't think the bronco actuators are the same. On these vehicles, we only use factory actuators.

Comment

Yeah you might be right. I cant remember when they switched them but it may have been 99. I know my 95 F350 was similar to the Broncos but just a little more HD. you couldnt pull the lock on the 95 when it went bad. I have changed a couple on the newer models and they are actually easier then drilling out that damn rivit and replacing it after moving the window frame.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

99 was the first year of the Super Duties

The fuse was fine, btw. is there a relay?

Comment

You might be lucky. It looks like in 2000 and up the VSS worked them and they burn out sometimes. LOL
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

or really? what controls them in a 99 so I can rip it out and beat it to death cause I am getting frustrated

Comment

Stole this from another site, click on the link not sure though.

Has it been raining where you are?

If so, you likely have a windshield leak that is allowing water to corrode your GEM (Generic Electronics Module), which is co-located with the under-dash fuse panel.

The GEM has the "clicker" receiver and driver electronics that drive the lock/unlock relays that are behind your radio up on the firewall. For a photo of the relay location, see:

Pop
                      Last edited by kingjason; 08-27-2011, 03:28 PM.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

kingjason, thanks, that'll be the next thing i check.

how is it that i post on 2 powerstroke forums and get 0 responses but post on here and get 10 replies in a few hours? Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                        X