Mach 1 Scoop on 4inch Cowl Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mach 1 Scoop on 4inch Cowl Hood

Well picked up a new daily driver off the board here, Its going to be a long running & driving project. But happy as hell to be back in a Fox!

Anyways went by Dallas Mustang the other day & there was a Blue Hatch with Deep Dish Mach 1 Rims that just looked insane on it.

Well that sold me I want these rims on my Hatch! But im doing this all on a budget, $5000 ground is where im trying to stay. Picked the carup for $2500 with Cold AC & some bolt ons. Pretty slow car, But its fun to drive

Anyways im wondering if I should use the stock hood for adding my Mach 1 Scoop or use the 4inch Cowl hood. Also want ideas on what spoiler to run for my Foxbody Mach 1 look alike car.

Im painting the car myself Competetion Orange & running the same graphics on the 04 Comp Mach 1s

I was thinking of using a Saleen Wing for the spoiler & painting it flat black with the stripe on the hood & Scoop & stripes on the bottom.

Here is what im starting with

This is the look im going for on my Fox, Need ideas on how to make this design happen

This is the spoiler im thinking of running Flat Black, Should accent well with the Hood being Flat Black on the cowl & scoop being black & set the Mach 1 Rims off
    Last edited by SEB; 12-20-2011, 06:17 AM.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Those "mach" style wheels on that orange Mach aren't OEM wheels SEB. Those are aftermarket 18's. There is a few different companies that make a "mach" style wheel and some look really different than others so you will have to choose which ones you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Those "mach" style wheels on that orange Mach aren't OEM wheels SEB. Those are aftermarket 18's. There is a few different companies that make a "mach" style wheel and some look really different than others so you will have to choose which ones you like.
      Thanks Steve for the heads up. I want to run 17 Mach 1 Rims & run the Deep Dish Mach 1 rims out back. So knock on wood they offer the deep dish in 17s. I already have new 235/45/17 for the front rims & 245/45/17 for out back, Might have to go to a wider tire out back for the Deep Dish though.

This is the style I want
      Last edited by SEB; 12-20-2011, 06:17 AM.
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Fox Mach?

Ive had this idea for a while now.

Stock hood, black trim, mach wheels, Mach interior, anything that would normally be shiny or gloss black/chrome go flat black.

Paint the cowl of the stock hood flat black and if your running a spoiler, outline it in flat black but keep the "dish" part on the topside of the spoiler the color of the car.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

If it's a hatch I think a flat black 93 cobra or GT spoiler would be ideal.

No aftermarket junk that stuff is garbage.

Comment

http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Why? ^

That's a bolt on abortion.

Of it's not a saleen it doesn't need a giant god awful spoiler.

Those turds probably don't even create downforce, they probably just create a frown on my face and the urge to take a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                Why? ^

That's a bolt on abortion.

Of it's not a saleen it doesn't need a giant god awful spoiler.

Those turds probably don't even create downforce, they probably just create a frown on my face and the urge to take a dump.
                its not a saleen wing chuckle head.
                http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

If you're going the Mach route, I would do a coupe and get a spoiler from a fox vert special edition. Then paint it flat black.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                    its not a saleen wing chuckle head.
                    I know its not.

I said "if it's a saleen it doesnt need a giant spoiler"

Meaning, if the car isn't a saleen or saleen clone anything besides a factory spoiler has no reason being on the car, because they make it ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      If you're going the Mach route, I would do a coupe and get a spoiler from a fox vert special edition. Then paint it flat black.

Meh. If it were a coupe a bare trunk would look the best IMO.

The only reason a hatch needs a spoiler is because a bare hatch looks to much like a Capri.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

I like this idea! Just want it to flow with the body lines of the fox also. Im worried about blending the side scoops on the body with the Fox Bodystyle.
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                          I like this idea! Just want it to flow with the body lines of the fox also. Im worried about blending the side scoops on the body with the Fox Bodystyle.
                          Lol, side scoops on a fox?

I thought the title was far fetched..

The entuauasm is great, but a fox isn't meant to have side scoops.

Another idea for a spoiler, will a 99-00 GT spoiler fit? What about a 01-04? Better yet, make a 03/04 cobra one work.

Comment

You still have the rat? Finish it and drive it.
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

they do make deep dish 17inch mach 1 wheels. only 1 company makes them. afs wheels is the company.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Working...
                              X