Anyone ran magnaflows and an H-pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ran magnaflows and an H-pipe?

Was looking at an X pipe, but I figure an H pipe may make the magnaflows sound deeper and more throaty. Since Magnaflows don't trumpet very much, I think I may dig the sound.
    2012 GT500

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    Was looking at an X pipe, but I figure an H pipe may make the magnaflows sound deeper and more throaty. Since Magnaflows don't trumpet very much, I think I may dig the sound.
    I had that setup on my racecar for a bit, really quiet.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I had the catted x pipe with magnaflows straight through mufflers for a while and it sounded pretty good.
      2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
      Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
      Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
      Speedlogix Catch Can
      Resonator Delete

Comment

h pipe with magnapacks sounds good

Comment

I have Bassani catted X-Pipe and Mangaflows and it's a nice deep sound. If I can ever make it to the Carrollton GTG you'll here mine.
          2 Chronicles 7:14
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

I had a Mac Prochamer and the Magnaflow axel backs (On a 2003 GT) and it did make it a bit more throaty/raspy. Increased volume just a bit, still ran pretty quiet though. I know not an X Pipe but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in anyway

Comment

I had longtubes, H-pipe, and Magnapacks and like it.

Comment

Ive heard that w/o the c.converters the exhaust pops/rattles but with them it doesnt sound so bad with the Magnapacks. Im actually in a position right now to put magnapacks on my 06' GT but Im loving the Flowmaster Super 44 sound. I'll probably go with the 44s

Comment

I have an off-road H-pipe and Magnaflows on my '85. It has a nice deep sound to it but not very loud.
                  On my '00 I have a catted X-pipe and Magnapacks and it's quite a bit louder. Mine sounds mean and doesn't pop at all but it's probably because I have cats on it.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

ive got shortys, x pipe, to a magnaflow cat back. i like it.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I am running LTs, offroad H, and Magnaflows on my car now. I really like the deepness and lack of drone that my exhaust note has.
                      01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Working...
                      X