Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

from scratch fox project, modern or 5.0 based?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a 04 cobra swapped into a 93 cobra... get an 04 engine cradle, Motor and T56. should all drop in nicely under the stock hood..

1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

oh wow, and with the SN95 interior, very nice. I dig the hood too, might not hurt to have a little heat ventilation. What kind of power will those block's tolerate?
      Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes...

Comment

900+ just also depends on the tune... but you said you would be investing in the bottom end which would be a good idea just to be safe. I like the hood too...
        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
          900+ just also depends on the tune... but you said you would be investing in the bottom end which would be a good idea just to be safe. I like the hood too...
          Oh yes, the bottom end will be built for war, along with the connecting driveline.

Comment

Originally posted by 93blacksnake View Post
            Oh yes, the bottom end will be built for war, along with the connecting driveline.
            It sounds like you may have champagne taste on a beer budget. Turbo coyote, 03-04 cobra swap with a "built bottom end" (that they come with from the factory) You might want to keep your tastes suited to reality.

Comment

1000rwhp cars are never fun to own/drive except for that 1% of the time you aren't dicking around with the valvetrain, the cooling system, the tune, or breaking shit... and you're talking about $20 grand to even come close to doing the drivetrain right.

Crate LS3 with a cam/head package from the shop of the week and spend the rest at the Maximum Motorsport website.

Comment

Challenges are ok, to me the real trick will be making the power and keeping it operating reliably. It's a project, and a good distraction.

Comment

What's the budget for the whole build, 40k?
                  US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                    What's the budget for the whole build, 40k?
                    I'd go so far as 50, but 40-50 is likely. I plan (and want) to get my hands dirty along the way so that should help, my biggest enemy is time right now.

Comment

Damn. I waste a ton of money on my racing, but 50k on a mustang? You'd better have more than 1k HP.

Comment

Umm...yeah 50k is about right for a lot of the 5second 1000+hp cars we all see on this site. I mean unless you can fabricate and quality turbo kit yourself you can have 10K to 20K in just the turbo kit. The turbo in my car was 3K alone. Plus built bottom end, valve train, fuel system, chassis. those are just some of the key components to building a "reliable" 1K hp car and the word reliable just means more $$$. Redneck backwoods shit won't cut it.
                        I strongly urge you unless you want to keep your hands dirty start with a good base, get the car runing. Get used to 400hp. Applied correctly is a lot more than people give credit to. Have fun with the car and save for a turbo kit or... other wise it wil become a garage ornament and you will put it on the back burner every chance you get
                        89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                          1000rwhp cars are never fun to own/drive except for that 1% of the time you aren't dicking around with the valvetrain, the cooling system, the tune, or breaking shit... and you're talking about $20 grand to even come close to doing the drivetrain right.

Crate LS3 with a cam/head package from the shop of the week and spend the rest at the Maximum Motorsport website.
                          i like the way this guy thinks

Comment

I'd say start with an '03-'04 Cobra motor and add better pistons and twins.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I would like to see a thread composed of all the people before you who've asked what it would take to build a 1000hp street car, and how many realized the goal.
                              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Just get a wrecked 03-04 cobra and transfer the running gear/interior to the fox. It's not going to be cheap though.

Comment

Working...
                                X