Which cam for better vacuum? 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
    Do you think I may need a new idle control valve?
    If it's original then I say replace it. I replace every part I get my hands on. I mean these cars are 15+ years old. Moving electronic parts only last so long. Especially ones that can become oil contaminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
      I have my base timing set at 10º as I'm sure yours does as well because of the custom tune. I actually run a total of 29º at idle, but you wont be able to do that unless your tuner makes some changes to your chip. You could experiment by unplugging the spout and advancing the dizzy to 25º on up to 30º and see if that helps with the issue. Imnjector timing will have to be done in the tune as well. Advancing the timing should increase your vacume at idle though. Put a gauge on it to verify. So yoiu make about 315 hp at the flywheel. You could still get away with the 19# squirters and a stock MAF meter. Once you verify what total timing your car likes in order to keep it running with the ac on, call your tuner and ask him to reflash the chip with that amount of timing at idle, add about 75 rpm when the AC is on, and he could also upload the transfer values for a 90mm LMAF meter. Those brand new are less than $100, and are far superior than a C&L.
      Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
      If it's original then I say replace it. I replace every part I get my hands on. I mean these cars are 15+ years old. Moving electronic parts only last so long. Especially ones that can become oil contaminated.
      thanks for the added info. I just sent my tuner a PM referring the info in this thread. Hopefully we can get it taken car of. I believe the current idle is set at 800.

Thanks again
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Andy is a great tuner (primetuning). If you want to just try the vacume leak thing pull the fuel prs vacume line and drive it if it clears it up than you could have a bad iac valve. It will put you in the right direction. And 284hp is a fair number for that set up.
        89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

god, 94,5 cars are such picky bitches. Im doing a fox throttle body swap on my car, ive been told that it helps with idle alot

Comment

I really don't understand how the swap helps. I mean a really cool feature of the SN95 TB is the adjustable IAC port. Does make the install look cleaner though.

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
              Andy is a great tuner (primetuning). If you want to just try the vacume leak thing pull the fuel prs vacume line and drive it if it clears it up than you could have a bad iac valve. It will put you in the right direction. And 284hp is a fair number for that set up.
              He is definitely a great tuner, the car was leaning out I believe around 3000 rpm. Everything has been great until I had the A/C fixed. Definitely recommend him!
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Working...
              X