Water pump??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump??

Trying to find out what year water pump that will fit my 90 5.0 that is a standard rotation, non-serpentine set up.
    Thanks
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

60s mustang 302 had aluminum SR water pump i believe. Early crown vics also bolt up i think. Sorry if im wrong lol
    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Anybody else have a clue?
      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

He's right, old 60's - 70's stuff, or some early 80's non mustang stuff.
        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Why do you have that setup on your car? Just curious.
          Last edited by 351Coupe; 09-04-2011, 08:07 AM.
          68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
          63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
          i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
            Why do you have that setup on your car? Just curious.
            i don't yet, but was thinking of doing it that way. I have removed smog pump, removed a/c. Relocated alternator to the a/c compressor location. using the older water pump would simplify my idler arm set up.

[IMG][/IMG]
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Here another angle,

[IMG][/IMG]
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I had to flip the idler arm/pulley upside down so that it would pull up on the belt. I found out that i could use an idler arm from a 4 cyl. car. But i need to rebuild the front of the engine. There is a water leak at the timing chain cover and the front main seal leaks.
                Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I have my race car set up with the alt up in the compressor spot and a SR WP. I have a good parts guy, and he tried about every part number he could find to get an aluminum one, but didnt get one.

My belt runs from the crank to WP and alt - power steering and back to the crank.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    I have my race car set up with the alt up in the compressor spot and a SR WP. I have a good parts guy, and he tried about every part number he could find to get an aluminum one, but didn't get one.

My belt runs from the crank to WP and alt - power steering and back to the crank.
                    hmm, that's cool. The way its set up now works great, Just wanted to simplify it even more. I think later i will just run a 4 cyl. idler pulley and keep a new style water pump, just in case I ever put the a/c back on.
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Working...
                    X