A/C compressor STILL cycling on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C compressor STILL cycling on and off

The car is a sn95 5.0. I've replaced the compressor, hi/low line (the big line), and all of the o-rings. It has been serviced twice, recently about 4 days ago. There are no leak, yet it keeps cycling on and off. My main problem is, when it cycles on while idling, sometimes the car will die.

Any advice or suggestions? Thanks
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

They always cylcle on and off. You should have something that idles the car up when the compressor comes on.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Oh I see. Alrighty, I actually did not know that. Is there something you can buy to do that?
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

DNAC_NEUT Idle RPM Adder for A/C Neutral 0 rpm

This is what it looks like to the tuner. Because of your cam he might need to add 50-150 RPM. Factory setting is 0. This will increase youe engine rpm by the input amount when the AC is kicked on in neutral. There is also one for "drive" but it shoudn't be necessary in a 5 speed car.

Comment

Why serviced twice? B/C if it low and had to reservice....You HAVE a leak.

Comment

you need to put gauges on it while the car is on and see what the psi's are when its cycling

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
              DNAC_NEUT Idle RPM Adder for A/C Neutral 0 rpm

This is what it looks like to the tuner. Because of your cam he might need to add 50-150 RPM. Factory setting is 0. This will increase youe engine rpm by the input amount when the AC is kicked on in neutral. There is also one for "drive" but it shoudn't be necessary in a 5 speed car.
              Sitting at a light in gear, it will die.

Originally posted by JimD View Post
              Why serviced twice? B/C if it low and had to reservice....You HAVE a leak.
              It needed an o-ring that had just gone bad. The first time was after I had replaced the compressor and line.

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              you need to put gauges on it while the car is on and see what the psi's are when its cycling
              When they have it hooked up, psi's are spot on.
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

<-----imagines Stephen is slamming his head into the wall right now reading this thread. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post

When they have it hooked up, psi's are spot on.
                  What are the pressures? Has the car ever been tuned? What performance mods have been done?
                  There are only a few things that will cause an engine to lug down and die when the a/c is turned on.
                  IAC circuit is clogged or has a faulty solenoid.
                  A/c compressor is locking up sporadicly causing the engine to lug down and die(but that is usually only a problem with 4cyl cars or engines that are running poorly).
                  Iv also seen issues like that with cars that have large cams and low vacuum.
                  Last edited by stephen4785; 09-04-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    <-----imagines Stephen is slamming his head into the wall right now reading this thread. lol.
                    The only thing that drives me nuts is when someone gets on and wont take advice from anyone.
                    I actually like it when members get on and ask for suggestions/help. It means that they dont know what to do or their asking for help.
                    People like Autotek that get on and bash everyone elses advice so he can try to make a profit make me bash my head into the wall.

Comment

Stephen- Ido not remember what the pressures are. The car has a laundry list of mods. Built 302 with an f cam, lightning heads that are hogged out, ssi intake, tb, cai, fuel system, 373's, driveshaft etc. Everything has been gone through. The iac valve was cleaned out right before it was tuned at Speed-Tek 3-4 months ago.

Thanks
                      Detailing by Dylan
                      817-494-3396
                      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X