Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any tips tricks, or diagrams for rear seat delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tips tricks, or diagrams for rear seat delete?

i am gonna make a rear seat delete for the vert. i am not buying one as it will need to support a carseat and my son. any place i can just steal the dimensions?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

sounds like you still need a back seat. Most of the ones I have seen look like ass. The purpose of a rear seat delete is to save weight. In this case it would not. I would not want to alter any safety systems (seat belts, padding) to gain maybe a few pounds of weight savings vs. the safety of my kids.
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I weighed my back seats & its 19lbs. Seems pointless to me
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I've got a diagram in full size for a fox hatch. Not sure how different it is.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

not concerned with weight savings at all, just want his seat to sit lower in the car, and i want to have the LATCH system welded in vs. using the seatbelt attachment for the carseat.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
            I weighed my back seats & its 19lbs. Seems pointless to me
            every bit counts. Someone once said, "don't look for 100 places to remove a pound, find 1600 places to remove an ounce"

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              not concerned with weight savings at all, just want his seat to sit lower in the car, and i want to have the LATCH system welded in vs. using the seatbelt attachment for the carseat.

god bless.
              break out the cardboard and make a template. doubt you're gonna find diagrams for something that custom.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                every bit counts. Someone once said, "don't look for 100 places to remove a pound, find 1600 places to remove an ounce"
                If he puts his kid in the car. Really no point in it. Even with the wood he does use to make the kit. Is it really going to save that much weight when its said & done

But I agree with that saying. Hence Juans SS that was swiss cheesed & was a 6.80 car with just cam only & a 6spd at that. Of course this wasnt a car his kid rode in either
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Question since we are talking about weight loss

Front sway bar on a fox with Welds skinnys on a daily. Should it be left or can I lose it safley & it still feel safe at hwy speeds
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                    Then that's fine, but how old is your son? will he be in a car seat much longer?
                    I know its a tight fit with a car-seat and a fox-vert with the top up. lol. When we took my granddaughter for rides in the vert, she would be blown away from being over the windshield line. She got a kick out of it. But now that she is five she can ride in the little booster seat.
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

You can lose it. I took mine off and didnt notice much just DDing it. But I have 620lb springs on mine. You can always put it back on.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                        Question since we are talking about weight loss

Front sway bar on a fox with Welds skinnys on a daily. Should it be left or can I lose it safley & it still feel safe at hwy speeds
                        Dont plan on making any quick turns. It's not a good idea.
                        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                          Dont plan on making any quick turns. It's not a good idea.
                          This. I broke a swaybar mount once and the difference in stiffness from front to rear meant that oversteer occurred with even slight throttle.

Comment

Its still on the car, But not sure if its doing any good. The bushing are completely cracked
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                              This. I broke a swaybar mount once and the difference in stiffness from front to rear meant that oversteer occurred with even slight throttle.
                              That's the whole idea right?

I have mine off and run 245/50/16s all the way around, I came into a corner hot and at the "apex" throttled in and it went sideways slightly but was controllable.

If I ever wanted my car to take turns I'd throw it back on.

And Ive ran skinnys with no sway bar, it's not undriveable. I'd be more worried about stoping then turning on them though.

No abs and skinny ass tires is horseshit.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                              X