Locking lug problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking lug problem

When I bought my Jeep, I was unaware of a few .... issues she's currently having them. Today's is that it has locking lugs on every lug and I don't have a key. Any place that I can order a universal key to take them off at? I hammered a smaller than needed socket over one and then used my air impact to take it off and then spent 20 minutes getting the lug back out of the socket. Suggestions?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I think Sears sells a removal tool in the tool section with Lisle tools.

Official website for CRAFTSMAN?. Explore power tools, outdoor equipment, hand tools, storage products and more.

Comment

Weld an old lug nut on the one's you want off.

Comment

This is why I usually have cheap spare sockets I can just hammer them on and if they don't want to come off just toss them in the trash.

Comment

Thanks yall

Comment

yup, hammer on then use a screwdriver thru the drive end to try and pop it back out. might ruin a good socket, but cheaper to replace than buying a new lug key and shit.

Comment

Well, all 20 of the lugs are locking lugs. To say it's annoying is an understatement

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Well, all 20 of the lugs are locking lugs. To say it's annoying is an understatement
                Damn we're they paranoid or what?

Comment

Harbor freight sells a lock lug removal kit on the cheap.
                  Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD. You wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences!

90 GT Carb 331, heads cam and a lot of bottle
                  95 Tbird SC forged 3.8, MPX supercharger, heads cam, and a little bottle

Comment

Chances are discount tire has the key for it, buy the new lugs and take them up there to see if they can do it.

Comment

I work at DTC, if they are spline tune lugs then they (DTC) should have the key. Otherwise your method works fine, we do that every now and then when we need to break off locking lugs. You just need a heavy hammer to hit the lug out of the socket (hit the sides of the socket). It works fine, you just need a bit of patience. Tip: screw the lug/socket back on the stud and lightly hit the sides of the socket with a hammer as you turn the lug/socket on the stud.

Comment

Picture of the lug

Comment

No generic key for that, they will need to be broken off. Like I mentioned, your method works, obviously you would need replacement lugs.

Comment

Working...
                          X