2004 cobra falling on its face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 cobra falling on its face

I just bought a 2004 cobra this weekend and tonight i was on the highway, then started to feel like the engine was starving for fuel then when i gave it gas it hit about 4500 rpm's and fell flat on its face. check engine light came on and not really sure what it could be or if anyone new about major issues these cars may of had. Any help will be appreciated just trying to figure this out. it does have mods making about 500 hp and all work done by gear heads.

Do u have a fuel and boost gauge in the car?

Comment

yeah i have the fuel pressure and factory boost guage. i dont think he has the guage set up incorrectly though because at idle it reads 10lbs which seems extremely low.

Comment

Originally posted by 89cleanstang View Post
        yeah i have the fuel pressure and factory boost guage. i dont think he has the guage set up incorrectly though because at idle it reads 10lbs which seems extremely low.
        You shouldn't be reading any boost at idle. It should be in vaccume. So that's an issue with the gauge cause the car isn't really making boost at idle. How much boost is it showing under hard acceleration?

Comment

15 lbs under full load but i think i figured out the problem. there is a fuel pressure sensor that is probably bad. gonna pull the code today to see if thats truly it.

Comment

Glad to see you came to the modular world justin

Comment

15 lbs under full load but i think i figured out the problem. there is a fuel pressure sensor that is probably bad. gonna pull the code today to see if thats truly it.
              I had a bad FRPS before. Can you smell gas in the oil?
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Yeah i couldnt resist john, always wanted one so i went ahead and bought it. Im looking forward to learning all the new shit. As far as smelling gas in the oil i have not even checked that but that fuel rail pressure sensor is what ive been told is bad.

Comment

You have allot of posts!
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

haha i promise that thing is wrong.

Comment

What pumps are in the tank?

Comment

not sure i bought this car from a 60 yr old man. Gearheads did everything so im hoping travis may be able to give me some ideas when i go up there saturday.

Comment

Pm me your cell number

Comment

Yeah i couldnt resist john, always wanted one so i went ahead and bought it. Im looking forward to learning all the new shit. As far as smelling gas in the oil i have not even checked that but that fuel rail pressure sensor is what ive been told is bad.
                            That's why I was asking - usually when the FRPS goes bad you will have gas in your oil.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                            X